Monogram/ Fujimi A-6 Intruder

The Mongram/RoG kit has a very spartan cockpit; there are not ejection seats they are just some molded stumps to place the pilots, the displays have minimal to no detail. The Monogram kit I have is from 1986/87 time frame so there are raised panel lines and some panel lines are in the wrong locations. No detail in the wheel wells. Overall it represents what the A-6 looks like but it will take a lot of effort and work to get it up to speed and be nice to show anyone with.

The Fuijiami kit has better details over all and there are more after market parts made for it.

I don't know if we're talking about the same Fujimi A6 but I have always thought it is kind of primitive compared to the Revell kit. Also I heard it is closer to 1/50 than 1/48. And if you've seen more aftermarket for it where have you been looking lately? All the aftermarket I've seen is for the Revell kit. :thumbsup:

To me the Revell Intruder kit is a more "buildable" model. Yes, the details can be a bit rough when compared to today's standard, but it's still a decent kit after you slap in a B.B. resin pit.

I bought one of the Fujimi Intruders. Viperguy is correct... it does scale out somewhere near 1/50th. This model was a big let down considering how awesome Fujimi's 1/72 A-6 kits are. In the end I pitched the whole model kit - not worth the effort.

Randy

I really liked the Monogram kit for it's time- sort of classic Monogram of the 80s: Raised panel lines but good shape and good cockpit detail (but the Black Box pit will really improve this).

There may be some exterior innacuracies, but nothing major.

The Mongram/RoG kit has a very spartan cockpit; there are not ejection seats they are just some molded stumps to place the pilots, the displays have minimal to no detail. The Monogram kit I have is from 1986/87 time frame so there are raised panel lines and some panel lines are in the wrong locations. No detail in the wheel wells. Overall it represents what the A-6 looks like but it will take a lot of effort and work to get it up to speed and be nice to show anyone with.

The Fuijiami kit has better details over all and there are more after market parts made for it.

OOps, i think ol' Starm got his kits backwards. Swap the kits with the descriptions and he's on track.

Stay away from the old Fujimi kit. It's so bad, the wheels aren't even round. And I don't mean that it has weighted tires either. Imean those things are ovals!

Pete

"The Mongram/RoG kit has a very spartan cockpit; there are not ejection seats they are just some molded stumps to place the pilots, the displays have minimal to no detail."

Are we taking about the same 1/48 Revell/Monogram kit here? I'm surprised to read the above comment. Perhaps it's a RoG thing? I believe the general opinion on the Revell A-6E is that it's the best 1/48 Intruder out there. I have one here and the only disappointment is the raised panel lines. It's got a detailed cockpit with raised dials and gages, excellent seats, detailed landing gear and an excellent selection of weapons. If you're familiar with '80s Monogram kits (a-10, f-14, f-4, f-106...) you know what I'm talking about. it's the same quality.

As for Fujimi, I'm sure it's the same old mold that dates back to the last major war US fought (Vietnam, that is). Quality wise it would be comparable to their F-4E.

I'd stay away from Fujimi and grab the Revell.

This link should help. [http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/mod/a6e.htm]

The Fugimi kit is indeed 1/50th scale, has less detail and less realism. I don't know of any aftermarket for the Fugimi kit, whereas there is a wealth of aftermarket for the Revellgram kit. Stay AWAY from the 1/48th Fugimi kit! The Revellgram 1/48th A-6 is the best game in town period!

Bill

What are you talking about? Was there another Monogram kit, because the one I have has a very good cockpit and detailed wheel wells??!!

IIRC the (purportedly) 1/48th Fujimi kit is from the late-60s, early-70s, so figure Monogram's kit is probably 20 years "newer." It's hard to believe Fujimi's 1/72nd scale A-6s are from the same company that produced their 1/50th kit.

Short version:

1/72nd - Get Fujimi

1/48th - Get Monogram