1/72 A4KU, Free Kuwait

This is my first plane rolled out from the production line, the last Jaguar fialed eventually.. Anyway, this is 1/72 Fujimi A4KU, fitting is just so-so (sometime poor), although it is the best kit in this scale.

I think a lot of things need to me improved, please advise so I can improve next time, thanks :cop:

Many thanks to experts in ARC during my building time. Cheers :cheers:

Many thanks for all of you. For the airbrush, I am using the Tamiya HG Trigger type. It is a very good airbrush (for me), even I spray for long time still not feeling fatigue, however, it is a single action and it is not 0.2mm, so may be difficult to spray the tiny props. I have a gunze double action sadly I cannot control well... :blink:

For the panal line, it is just a simple wash on the line, just like what I do in AFV modelling...

Great work Aidy :blink: Another one of your outstanding "Secret' builts, eh? Nothing was mentioned when we were talking about 'What's on the workbench?'

Eddie...good work too mate! Looks so identical like Aidy's!

Very impressive work, :wacko:

One minor observation though, looking at pictures of the real thing to my eye the demarcation lines of the upper camo are too soft, but its not too noticable.

You are right, Mandrake. For the camo, at the beginning I tried to mask with masking tape, but I thought it may make the edge too hard also very difficult to mask on a tiny 1/72 plane also (may be lack of experience), I gave up for masking and sprayed freely with airbrush, although the outcome is close to the real one, but a little bit soft for 1/72. This is my limit with my airbrush, to advance, I think I need to get used to this skill. ;)

Many thanks for your advice :lol:

You are right, Mandrake. For the camo, at the beginning I tried to mask with masking tape, but I thought it may make the edge too hard also very difficult to mask on a tiny 1/72 plane also (may be lack of experience), I gave up for masking and sprayed freely with airbrush, although the outcome is close to the real one, but a little bit soft for 1/72. This is my limit with my airbrush, to advance, I think I need to get used to this skill. :D

Many thanks for your advice :P

Eddie,

Glad to see you didn't take my advice too critically. I have to agree that a hard mask would certainly of not looked right. However rather than go free hand why not try a soft mask in future, raised cardboard cutouts or the infamous bluetak sausages might be something to look into, try searching in the tool and tips section. Hope that helps and look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Eddie,

That's a sweet looking skyhawk and your painting skill is remarkable. ;)

Could you give the Gunze color callout for the brown and sand camo?

I feel like building the same bird in 1/48 scale.

Hopefully it will come out as nicely.

Eddie,

That's a sweet looking skyhawk and your painting skill is remarkable. :bandhead2:

Could you give the Gunze color callout for the brown and sand camo?

I feel like building the same bird in 1/48 scale.

Hopefully it will come out as nicely.

Sorry for late, let me find the menu back and give u the camo color no later. <_<