1/32 Tamiya F-15C question

I've been working on my 1/32 scale Tamiya F-15C. The other day while doing a dry fit check on the wings I noticed that there is a difference in height between where the edge of the wing meets with the fuselage. Has any body else seen this problem and if so how did you resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Snow

I'm working on that kit right now. There is a very distinct level difference at the wing roots. The only thing that I could come up with was to use a strip of plastic to fill the gap and applied putty with my finger to blend in the putty to the two parts. I'm just going to have to live with whatever the results will be after I paint the kit. I think I'm too far into it to do anything else. I hope the F-15e doesn't have the same problem.

Edited by ikar

You might consider checking the F-15 group build...pages & pages of comments, pictures and exchange of info on building F-15 kits. Specifically, if you check out my build thread 1/32 Washi F-15DJ Aggressor Build you will see how I addressed the wing fit/level problem...

Plenty of others building, too- Check it out~

Thanks for the info. there are still a few things that I can do before I paint my aircraft. Sometimes it seems like a never ending project.

Just to let you know, the 18th TFW at Kadena had been supplied with fast packs some time ago. I managed to get a couple shots of a 44th ship mounting the packs and with bombs on the wing pylons. It wasn't very common and this one was set up for an air show display. Previously we had been told to schedule the squadrons to practice bombing with their onboard systems. From what I heard, they did pretty good on the ground ranges, they wern't happy about the tests, but they did good.

I've built that and the F-15E, i had a problem with both of them. I used putty to fill the gap and then sanded it down. They really should have designed that part of the plane better, that is the only problem i had with the jet. So to sum it up, i would say they are all like that, and it isnt just you jet that has that problem. It seems to me though that it is the only problem at all with the jet.

G