F-15C 48th Options

I have been looking through my stash and discovered that i don't have a F-15C.

So what is the best option for the F-15C in 48th?

I have found a few Academy, Tamiya, Hasegawa and Italeri.

Sorry if this has been done before i just could not be A**** to go through a million pages.

Simon

Try the Search function at the top of the page................

Viperguy pretty much nailed it, I'd stay away from the Academy kit, take a look at some of the built up kits in the gallery.

Curt

Are you sure that It's a "C" you're after? The 48th was a intercepter squadron. I was in the 5th FIS and we had "A" and "B" models the same as the 318th. I'm pretty sure the 48th had "A"s and "B"s too. Fortunatey, there's not too much difference externally.

I'm not too sure about how accurate the Revell/Monogram is, but when I built an F-15C from Monogram, it went together pretty decently. If you want to go Hasegawa for accuracy, be my guest. But if I'm pinching pennies, I'd go with Revell.

I agree with all; the Hasegawa kit is the best F-15/C, but then it is also one of the most expensive. I built it about 10 years ago, and it was nice. Best if you buy their engines w/o turkey feathers or the beautiful Aires after-market resin cockpit and engine nozzles. <_<

Best if you buy their engines w/o turkey feathers or the beautiful Aires after-market resin cockpit and engine nozzles. <_<

I'll second that notion. The Aires cans are a work of art.

2b5810d4.jpg