which thinner is used to clean the air brush after using Alclad II? The paint bottle says use company's air brush cleaner..i was wondering if an enamel thinner like Hubmrol can be used.

Also can we use a hand brush to paint small parts with Alclad II ?

thanks in advance

whatever paint i've shot with my airbrush i use the badger airbrush cleaner in the aerosol can, shoot some of that through the airbrush then disasemble it and clean all the parts individually with a little more of the aerosol.

Cellulose thinner is what you need. Works a treat.

Thats also lacquer thinner, depending on what part of the globe you're from. And you can paint small amounts of alclad with a brush, BUT, it dries very fast, so you dont have long to work, and you want get a nice smooth finish like with an air brush, but for small fiddly bits, it works. I actually use a q-tip and MM metalizers for some small fiddly bits.

they aren't really the same thing. while lacquer thinner can be used to thin enamels, generally "enamel thinner" is something along the lines of a white spirits or distilled spirits or something similar to that. its not the same thing as lacquer thinner. for best results, use lacquer thinner. its much stronger too and can clean just about anything you shoot through your airbrush.

Thats also lacquer thinner, depending on what part of the globe you're from. And you can paint small amounts of alclad with a brush, BUT, it dries very fast, so you dont have long to work, and you want get a nice smooth finish like with an air brush, but for small fiddly bits, it works. I actually use a q-tip and MM metalizers for some small fiddly bits.

Acetone, or automotive reducer works too, however as jrallman said above lacquer thinner, or nitrose thinner depending upon where you live is probally the best choice. As it is much cheaper than acetone. Just be aware that neither are user nor envirnomentally friendly. So be careful how you use, store and dispose of this stuff.

Ron