thanks gbyrnsie for your encouragement. and thank you to every contributors' comments and support on the build so far. it is definitely very rewarding for me... specially on the F-15SG research side of things.

another update.

i got into a bit of decal tragic. i applied future before applying decals, but some of them are still silvering so i applied another coat of future to seal it and removes the silvering. then some of them started to wrinkle!!! HELP!!!

now i got some decals silvering and others wrinkled. good news is, the main markings are not affected. now i understand complains on thick tamiya decals.

i am using testor dullcoat for the final finish. it needs to dilute with lacquer thinner for airbrushing but it doesn't matt completely. do i need to continue applying repeated layers until effect i wanted or there are any suggestions? other products to use?

here are some pics update

afterdecalcomplete.jpg

decalfuturefront.jpg

decalfutureaft.jpg

decalAAQpods.jpg

i need to wash, dull. i'm not too sure to complete by the due date with finishing i wished. i got an out of town trip tomorrow night (there are few hours left) :cheers: . hope you like it.

Edited by kace

i guess there are lots of members out there trying to beat the clock.

the wash is in a terrible shape. i guess my skill is not there yet with the lack of practice.

i will not fully complete the build but i will still send some pics in. this is a thoroughly enjoyable experience with my first group build. thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Thanks Gary,

this is my first complete job in the last 3 years with a compressed timeline compounded with travel and watching worldcup. there are some modifications that took up some effort and time. understandably, there are some mistakes that's not up to my expectations. generally happy to pull it off...

now moving on next group build Vietnam war with a 1/32 F-4E OOB and maybe A-1, just maybe.

• 5 weeks later...

this kit is having some revival...

i am upgrading one of the seat with CEC resin but there is some work still needed on the side railing. And the top C-section flew off when I cut it from the sprue. gotta do some plasti-card cut n paste.

also trying to upgrade onto 2xJDAM from F-16 kit.

most unfortunately this time will not be upgrading to sniper pod. i already spent enough time on the existing pods.

more problems last night on the seats. as mentioned earlier, the plan is to fit one resin seat and the other seat with a pilot OOB.

the result is... the pilot couldn't fit in after the monitors/gauges is glued on. it is worst for the pilot and WSO could go into the tub but not fitting perfectly.

i definitely have to spend more time on these seats. decisions now, more handy work on the OOB seat with straps or order another resin seat. but the resin seats need some handy work to add rails and braces. more $ and also more time.

??!!!