We need decals for1/48 and 1/32 F-15K!!!!! :bobby:

Check up above or HERE

Hobby Decal already has full dry transfers for the 1/48 F-15K. I have a set, and they look real nice, with excellent marking instructions. I haven't used them yet, will do so as soon as I finish my first GB entry. For 1/32, I don't know of anything yet, but there are enough F-16 markings for Korea that something could be cobbled, if you are that desperate-

Check up above or HERE

Hobby Decal already has full dry transfers for the 1/48 F-15K. I have a set, and they look real nice, with excellent marking instructions. I haven't used them yet, will do so as soon as I finish my first GB entry. For 1/32, I don't know of anything yet, but there are enough F-16 markings for Korea that something could be cobbled, if you are that desperate-

Oh Great!!!! but i noticed Hobby Decal didn't included the two fill color badges on vertical fin and CFT as seen here:

fin

CFT

Hobby Decal, can u include these markings as an additional update please? They look really great! :D

Edited by fulcrum
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

progress is slow... was traveling a lot with work and the recent trip to Easter island.

updates -

did the dry fit with GE nozzle and also the tamiya F-16 nozzle. unfortunately they don't exactly match (should have guessed, but... it's part of the learning). the construction of the tamiya engine comes in seperate parts that includes the interior nozzle blades and the turkey feathers. so this nozzle doesn't fit the eagle. now i need to order another aftermarket GE nozzle cone.

i am also modifying the lantarin pod to fit the extra dome shaped thingy on the pylon. more work in progress.

this is my attempt to modify the PW fan to GE look alike. It's long shot...

The fan nearest is from Tamiya F-16CJ kit as reference. The farthest is the original Tamiya F-15E PW fan.

GEPWfans.jpg

Below is cockpit completed OOB and painted in black.

blackcockpit.jpg

Edited by kace

finally fixed the wings and cockpit/nose. unfortunately, needed some work with putty and sanding.

also done all the F-15I modifications. primarily, the tail and rear antenna and inlet nosette beneath the wings.

i used the F-15I antenna and didn't follow the -K walk around pics which are round antenna.

aftantenna.jpg

now it is taking shape...

conformalintake.jpg

smalltailantenna.jpg

Edited by kace

I am still struggling with the ammo to fix onto this bird. the AIM-9X is out of the scope because it looks definitely different from the 9Ms'. And the F-16 Academy is out of question.

F-15 fires AIM-9X

The Mk20 Rockeyes are also out although they looked very impression with the multi racks under the wings. The AMRAAM AIM-120C are definitely in at the outside with the AIM-9Ms on the inside. I could use the GBU-31 (from F-16CJ) and AGM-88 Harm?

Any suggestions?

another update -

I have decided on the markings and ammo load:

149 (although they are F-5 now or phasing out?)... the rumour mill has it that 142 will be the first squadron.

AMRAAM AIM-120C and AIM-9M/L (I cannot see the difference between L/M appearance).

2 or 4xPaveways

did future dip to the canopy. the front canopy looks ok, but didn't like the result for the larger piece so I will be reworking on that.

the other nozzle finally arrived n i also got an ACEII seat. surprised there isn't railing detail on the side and cross brace at the back!!! i'll need to put some work into that.

compareACEIIseats.jpg

Edited by kace

i have uploaded some pics on the completed modifications...

this is the pylon from the AIM120 resin set and original from the kit.

pylonsmodified.jpg

also edited previous posts to include the photos. hope you like it.

Edited by kace

kace:

1. RSAF has until 2010+ to decide which squadrons they'll go to. there's obviously going to be a peace something detachment for a few years before the first batch come back, and the a/c is scheduled for 2008 delivery. so we don't know the squadron that will have it locally till say.. 2009 or so. plenty of time for them to decide...

2. even when carrying sidewinders, i notice that the F-15E and variants would still carry the LAU-128 rails. so that's 4 rails, not 2.

other than that, your scratchbuilding is great! esp for 1/32 scale

thanks doc for the info... i wouldn't have the time or $ to get another 2 pylons so it will have to compromise. :thumbsup:

i have put more work on the nozzle over the long weekend we had here. the GE nozzle couldn't fit on exactly so i gotta cut the piece from the kit to match the aftermarket nozzle.

nozzleadapter.jpg

below is the modified "Tiger Eyes" from the original AN/AAQ14. I hope after painting will improve the look and feel.

targetpodright.jpg

targetpodleft.jpg

Edited by kace

i don't like the pre-shading so i tone it down much more last evening.

i did some filling and sanding on the nozzle adapter to smooth out the groove. there needs more work on the inside of our GE nozzle to adapter because of the different internal diameter. what a surprise!!??

Hi kace, looking great!

Just some info, Singapore has selected the Sniper XR (our defence minister mentioned this accidentally to the press during Asian Aerospace) for the Nav/Targeting pod combo. Also, weapons that come with the package include GBU-31/38 JDAMs, AGM-154 JSOW, AIM-9X, more AMRAAMs and JHMCS.

it's in janes. we managed to get the tiger eyes and the sniper pods...

just wondering why did you paint it in SEA camo? it'll probably be delivered in the usual F-15E gunship gray scheme

in any case.. kin leh.. better hurry up. my 2nd entry up the lorry already.. no time left

got any pics for these pods?

i'm thinking SEA camo is not so monotone, and it turns out to be really challenging. getting the pattern and shading. it is a good practice.

moreover it suits the operating theatre much better... terrain hugging STRIKE!!! imagine coming over the canopy of rain forest and scheming above brownish river in a valley.

i think i have finished the camo. and now need to work on the exhaust raw metallics... hmmm... only got this weekend to really push hard.

BTW, dished out more $$ 2 days back, got the F-15E Osprey book by Steve Davies. very interesting read on the F-15E Strike ops.

Edited by kace
thanks viper...

do you know if sniper XP pod is the same as the Tiger eyes?

I got no luck getting 1/32 JDAM although they look very impressive.

Hi kace,

here some info from LM about the Sniper XR.

drpepper, are we still getting the Tigereye system? Thought the Sniper will be able to do what the Tigereye can do and more

viper, that's very interesting. i wouldn't have time to scratch build this pod unfortunately. so it will a future update for this build.

thanks for your information.

Edited by kace

these are some pic update.

i have to cut down the nozzle adapter. later i realised the internal diameter looks quite odd with a ring between the nozzle and fuseluge. so i reduce the adapter ring. so are the steps on the adapter... lots of work.

nozzleadapter.jpg

nozzlecutadapter.jpg

this is the final size of adapter and painted nozzle.

GEnozzleadapterring.jpg

this is final camo tone. i suppose it is crisp enough.

finalcamopattern.jpg

here is the detail on cockpit/nose and gun areas.

camonose.jpg

camofguns.jpg

below are the metallic colours on the upper and lower engines area.

metalupperside.jpg

metalunderside.jpg

going to prep for decals now...

hope you like the update.

Edited by kace