Appleseed Deunan Knute + Landmate

Hi all,

just saw the NEW (ok, 2004...) Appleseed Anime and WOW! A lot better than the old ones imho!

Any idea if there are kits on the market (Deunan Knute and/or one of those cool Landmate Exoskeleton Bodyarmors)? Saw one Landmate on Ebay, but the Auction has ended a while ago and the image was just listed on Google Image Search. Any idea? No toys, kits, you know...

István

Edited by I.Illes

I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I was dying for a kit. Apparently there are none for the Landmate (which is what I wanted). I love that mecha.

There is a figure kit that is available for the girl (what's her name) and there are toys for the girl and her robot man with the bunny ears (How do you like that description!?).

There is a figure kit that is available for the girl (what's her name) and there are toys for the girl and her robot man with the bunny ears (How do you like that description!?).

The "Girl" is Deunan Knute and the guy with the Bodyprothesis is Briareos Hecatonchires.

Too bad there seems to be no kit around :nanner:

a long time ago (mebbe more than ten years?) a resin kit was made of a landmate sorta similiar to tthe one used in appleseed. its actually a design based on sone of masamune shirow's design that appeared in his first Intron Depot book. For those of you who might not have heard abt it, that book is a collection of his illustrations and designs of various robot, mecha designs as well as er... some sexy girls... i managed to get that resin kit thru a penpal in japan, cost me a bomb, and its still stting mint in my wardrobe. . Its for sale if you want it but let me tell you its costs an arm and a leg. its a massive chunk of resin, ooh probably about 1/48 scale i think, could be 1/32....

:thumbsup:

a long time ago (mebbe more than ten years?) a resin kit was made of a landmate sorta similiar to tthe one used in appleseed. its actually a design based on sone of masamune shirow's design that appeared in his first Intron Depot book. For those of you who might not have heard abt it, that book is a collection of his illustrations and designs of various robot, mecha designs as well as er... some sexy girls... i managed to get that resin kit thru a penpal in japan, cost me a bomb, and its still stting mint in my wardrobe. . Its for sale if you want it but let me tell you its costs an arm and a leg. its a massive chunk of resin, ooh probably about 1/48 scale i think, could be 1/32....

;)

Unfortunately that kit would be of the old landmate from the original OVA... not the new CG version. Correct?

Unfortunately that kit would be of the old landmate from the original OVA... not the new CG version. Correct?

well its definitely not from the new movie, cant remember if the original OVA had any landmates... its been a loooong time since i saw it. this landmate kit was taken from an illo in his intron depot book.

Hello, first time post. yes it is a nice kit.......instructions are a bit lacking and alot of little fiddly bits that must be cleaned up and test fitted. And you must make up pins attach parts and for hinges. Pretty time consuming. Mine is staring at me and some day I'll finish it....this is suppose to be relaxing. But it still is a nice little kit. Know as for the newer landmates at last years wonderfest someone had what looked like a resin kit from the movie. The box art looked alot like bandai packaging. sorry cannot find the pic. anyway that's just my two cents. And you are all right shirow's mecha begs to be made into large scale models.. ahh we can all dream. take care all

Is it this kit? If so, I always wondered about this one. It looks like an AMAZING model kit.

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=1365

Thanks for that link, they have some figure kits I've been wanting and couldn't find before !!!

Thanks again Mud !!! :cheers: :blink:

Gregg