CMK 1/72 OV-10D Conversion

Gentlemen,

I'm looking at doing a 1/72 OV-10D, and I'm curious as to what the options out there are. I saw that CMK has a number of sets for the OV-10. Most of them are pretty self explanitory, but I'm curious as to what all is included in the "conversion set."

If it is more or less a combination of some of the other sets it might be worth my time to just pick that up, but if it's really just a replacement nose, I don't think it would be worth the cost.

Thanks for the input,

-Jared

Hi Jared

The CMK set is quite extensive- beautifully cast hollow fuselage halves and detail parts for the cockpit/cabin interior, wheel wells, FLIR turret, even an exposed engine. Plus two photo-etch frets, nice vac canopy and two sheets of decals. Even if you started with Academy's OV-10D kit there's enough in the CMK set to make it worthwhile.

I have the CMK Interior set for OV-10D and if you don't plan to convert OV-10A to D I think there is no reason to use the conversion set. The interior set includes vacform canopy, photoethed fret, cockpit tube, compatrment interior and rear door, some electronic equipment to place in the rear door, nose gear well, ejection seats. The only fault I've encountered so far lays in the ejection seats. The parachute packs are centered but schould be side shifted to aid the seats separation during ejection.

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for the inputs. Mike it sounds like the "D" conversion set includes all of the "available seperately" CMK OV-10 parts, and a few more to boot. Nick, if I decide to pick up the cockpit set in any form, I'll keep an eye out for the parachute packs on the ejection seats.

Again, thanks for the info guys!

-Jared