The heavy monster show

the rear end will be open as well to show the crane and stairs, the cranes can be positioned anywhere along the fuselage, there are rails for them to travel along

Edited by TedTaylor
Crikey! That thing's got an overhead crane it it!

Clarence

The An-22 has two rails inside the upper fuselage for travelling cranes (as do most transport a/c of this type).

The clever bit is that there are rails on the OUTSIDE of the rearmost cargo ramp - so when the ramp is raised up inside the fuselage, the outer rails line up with the inner rails - and the travelling crane can go back almost to the horizontal tail......

You can just make them out in this photo of my Amodel/Amonster An-22....

an-22_67.jpg

there are more photos of the An-22 at :- http://www.flankerman.fsnet.co.uk/modl_an-22.html

Sorry for hijacking the thread Ted - great model An-124 BTW - see you at Hinckley ??

Ken

Sorry for hijacking the thread Ted - great model An-124 BTW - see you at Hinckley ??

Ken

Hi Ken, yes I'll be there and will bring Big Annie.

What's the penalty for hijacking these days? :crying:

Cheers

Ted

Looking good. How well/quickly did this beast go together?

-Mike

Mike the model fits like a dream so has only taken a few days, longest time waiting for paint to dry before masking.

PS you have to make sure which side the tailplanes fit, they can go on the wrong side but it shows if you do.

:thumbsup:

Where have you been hiding this thing :worship:

Looks great :crying: what paint did you use in the gear wells?

Antony, the colour was meant to simulate zinc chromate green and is just Humbrol 81 zinc chromate yellow with a dash of 80 in it.

Didn't have to hide it as it only just arrived from Revell

Edited by TedTaylor
Nice one Ted.

Love this machine and you are making a great job so far......Love your models...always have always will..

Thank you Loki I enjoy building them and am very pleased if they make someone happy.

Cheers

Ted

Ted, you are doing a fantastic job on this kit. I have it in my "to do" pile and your build photos will be very valuable when I start on it. :P A couple of questions:

What paints/colors/process did you use for the exterior?

Is that some sort of lead sheeting you used for weight inside?

Once again, your doing a top-notch job!

Keith

Ted, you are doing a fantastic job on this kit. I have it in my "to do" pile and your build photos will be very valuable when I start on it. :bandhead2: A couple of questions:

What paints/colors/process did you use for the exterior?

Is that some sort of lead sheeting you used for weight inside?

Once again, your doing a top-notch job!

Keith

Keith I have used the Humbrol white 22 sprayed on as usual very thin mix, the grey was a Revell mix and I don't know the FS # for it.

yes that was a strip of lead sheet the roofers left behind years ago, I finaly made use of it. I normaly use lead shot for weights but this was large enough to use the bit of sheet comfortably.

Cheers

Ted

Edited by TedTaylor

more on and the rear doors done these are separate decals but you also get a complete one for closed doors, the engine cowlings have stripes both sides but not mentioned in the instructions.

Again tricky rear end decals ,just hope i got them to match the other side, don't throw away any small bits of decal as you may need them to fill a couple of gaps as I did. could not get the stripe up the fin to match the angle of the side stripe, had to trim it off to match.

may be a few days before I can get on with it as tomorrow is my day to visit Hannants and you never know what I might come back with that will take my interest on Sunday

cheers

Ted

Edited by TedTaylor