Slipping in under the wire!

Here is my Saab J-29 Tunnan, mostly OOB - I could not stand the raised panel lines on the wings next to the trenches on the fuselage, so I rescribed them, and thinned the wing fences a bit, too. Nothing compared to some of the Matchbox masterieces others have posted, but it is done!

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003b.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0039b.jpg

And one last "in action" shot!

DSCN0001.jpg

All in all this was a lot of fun, even though I finished only one of the three I had intended, and I think we should do it again!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks, all!

Griffin, the aircraft carrier is not mine, it is the work (and storage responsibilty!) of my friend René Hieronymus. The "in action" shot was taken at last weekend's model show at Oberschleissheim.

Julien, the finish is Games Workshops Mithril Silver with some panels in their Chain Mail and all rubbed with silver bronzing powder (which pretty much eliminated the tonal differences). It looks pretty good, but is susceptible to fingerprints! The GW MIthril Silver is the best acrylic metallic I have ever encountered, I like it a lot.

Cheers,

Tom