Nice work Andy. I have a question. I see that you've painted the canopies framing on the clear parts and this makes the canopy look at bit weird since the clear surfaces look too small. I wonder if the canopies framing weren't in fact molded with the fuselage halves. Do you think I could be right ?

Laurent who didn't mange to finish anything <_<

Laurent, the Matchbox Phantom was notorious for the inaccuracy of its canopy, which was too flat, thats why the glazing looks too small.

IIRC Aeroclub released a correction set as otherwise until the Fujimi Tomb's came along there wasn't much else available.

BTW nice looking model Andy <_<

Laurent, the Matchbox Phantom was notorious for the inaccuracy of its canopy, which was too flat, thats why the glazing looks too small.

IIRC Aeroclub released a correction set as otherwise until the Fujimi Tomb's came along there wasn't much else available.

Sure Ant, the clear parts are too flat and I actually have that Aeroclub vacuform canopy. Still, the clear parts are smooth (aka frameless... on my Phantom at least) and the panel lines suggest that the framing is represented on the fuselage halves.

Cheers.

Laurent

All early F-4 kits (Airfix, Revell, Matchbox, Hasegawa/Frog, IMC, Lindberg etc) had problems with the canopy. It's only comparatively recently that manufacturers have really got to grips with it. Don't know what it is that makes it so difficult, but Fujimi were probably the first to get it sorted.