1/48 Lancaster Resin Engines

Does anybody know who sells these? Are they worth the price?

Matt :banana:

Matt

Don't know of any stockist here in the UK but you can get them from the maker,Belcher Bits, in Canada. Are they worth the price? You bet they are. Miles better than the kit offerings. If you go on to the Belcher Bits site, look at the other offerings for the Lanc. Believe me, they are well worth the cost.

Chris

<_<

Does anybody know who sells these? Are they worth the price?

Matt <_<

Matt,

While my Lanc isn't finished, all four of the engines are installed onto the wings. As long as you are careful cutting the kit plastic they will fit quite nicely with minimal seam cleanup. I assembled the kit engines as per the instructions ( sans cowling parts ) and used label tape as a guide for cutting with my jewellers saw. The shape of the engines makes this very easily done. Priming the resin engines with Mr. Surfacer revealed flaws that required filling. Having said that, they are far superior to the kit parts and I don't think you would be disappointed. If you would like to see some pics I took during their install, just PM me with your email and I'll send them to you. The pictures will give you an idea of how the engine installation looks prior to cutting your kit.

Tom

Hi DonSS3

I've built several Tamiya Lancs and never noticed anything about the engines. Then I bought a set of Belcher engines and when they're put side by side they look so obviously better I'll probably never build another without them, and I've three in the stash. Might not be technical observation but I'm right

Regards

Paul

Edited by Honeybee