RM A-10 1/48 question

Are there any differences between these two kits in terms of extra sprues for weapons, other updates, etc?

Planning to the the newer boxing, but if there are no differences with the old boxing, then I'll get the old boxing because it's cheaper.

rmxs5521.jpg

rmxs5430.jpg

I've bought RM A-10s from 3 different time periods, and the only real difference is that some of the sprue layout is different. Every part is identical in all of them though. The newest released version has gray plastic, but other than that, it's the same.

They are all the same. Different decals, none of which are very good IMHO, you may want to go aftermarket.

The weapon stores on the kit aren't quite what you would find on mission loads in Desert Storm or the current wars. Do some research to see what you would want to hang on the Hog.

Shaun Hull has just come out with an A-10 resin update kit which provides the LASTE mods and a few other things. You can get it through Spruebros.com. Only I think it is currently sold out....

The kit ejection seat could use a replacement if you are going canopy up for ground display. There are a lot of aftermarket ACES II resin seat's available out there.

Can't see the images here, so…

Didn't Revell have it's own A-10 before the merger with Monogram? I've got one of the Monogram kits (in the "someday" pile), and IIRC it's much better than the Revell original.

The old Revel kit was a turd of plastic.

The Monogram (now boxed under Revel) kit is the good one we refer to. Don't worry, you arn't going to find the old-school Revel one in any modern boxing.

I've the Revell/Monogram 1/48 A-10 (in its current boxing) in the someday list also. It really is a shame we don't have a nicer A-10. More would sell if someone were to really make it worth building. Oh well, I still like the classics!

Aaron

I have the Revell A-10 ©1987, which I personally like better (on some features) than the Monogram kit. But then, I only worked on the REAL A-10 for three years in USAFE, so my opinion probably doesn't matter. :cheers:

Larry