which airbrush should I get?

No it isn't a problem,well not when i've been spraying,even if you do spill some paint there is no holes for it to run into so all you have to do is wipe it off. if you have a steady hand that helps.

But i would say go for the 360, its amazing!! :D

James :D

Edited by James Arnold

The only disadvantage to the 360 is that the color cup is really small and only holds about 20 drops of paint from an eye dropper. Other than that it is great and I use mine a lot especially for touching up small areas that don't need much paint. It is very easy to clean also.

The Omni 4000 is my main airbrush for modeling but the 360 would be my second most used. :lol:

Edited by MikeV

:cheers: I'm shoveling coal into the fire... :) Anyways, just thought I'd drop my own 2 cents on this one. I started airbrushing with a single action Aztec. After a lot of practicing with thinning ratios I could get a decent shoot every once in a while. It led to serious frustration and anxiety about airbrushing. After that I got a single action Badger and the world opened up.

Now I own two double action airbrushes, a Badger 360 and an Anthem 155. I posotively love the Anthem. It is a great airbrush; good lines, nice weight, and easy to clean. I have a friend that uses two Iwata's. I have used the Revolution- very nice. Admittedly, not a huge difference than my Anthem. But I think it was me more than the A/B. If you have someone who gets REALLY good with brand c then it's possible he can be better than the guy with brand a. I have seen magic with most all of the brands. In some ways then I think that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'- or something like that. This is one of those threads that can go every which way but Sunday.

BMW's? Honda Accords??

I ride a bike and that is definately more of a precision instrument. As for airbrushes I'm going to obtain a badger of some description as that is what my local store stocks which will make getting spare bits simpler.

I know with the internet you can get anything anytime, but I don't always want to pay postage.

You also look more impressive getting your knee down on a bike than cruising around a corner in acar, but this is not good airbrush technique

james

BMW's? Honda Accords??

I ride a bike and that is definately more of a precision instrument. As for airbrushes I'm going to obtain a badger of some description as that is what my local store stocks which will make getting spare bits simpler.

I know with the internet you can get anything anytime, but I don't always want to pay postage.

You also look more impressive getting your knee down on a bike than cruising around a corner in acar, but this is not good airbrush technique

james

I ride a bike too, a real big one. :nanner:

BikeImage003_500x344.jpg

Edited by MikeV

I am a returning modeler (after about 30 years :rolleyes: ). I am in the market for an airbrush and I found this discussion very useful. I had a Binks airbrush when I was young.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

Edited by zeus60

Here is my arsenal - all new:

Badger 155-1

Badger 155-7

Badger 150-5

Badger 175-7

Badger 100-13

Badger 100-2-IL

Badger 100-GM

T&C Omni 4000

Revell Student

I've just started using the Badger 100-GM and love it! Thanks to Mike I've become a dedicated Badger user! :lol:

Edited by Iron Eagle