Question for fighter pilots

Well...

In my A-10 WonderHog, I'd drop chaff / and or flares, turn to defeat the missile, and then proceed to unleash any of my potential 14,000 pounds of weapons or 1,174 rounds of 30mm Gau-8 Avenger Hell on the unfortunate individual, who would very soon regreat their stupid decision to attack a Warthog...

Hitch

Well...

In my A-10 WonderHog, I'd drop chaff / and or flares, turn to defeat the missile, and then proceed to unleash any of my potential 14,000 pounds of weapons or 1,174 rounds of 30mm Gau-8 Avenger Hell on the unfortunate individual, who would very soon regreat their stupid decision to attack a Warthog...

Hitch

There we were in Jan 91, flying at least 100 miles inside Iraq (no big deal today, but still fairly novel back then) and staying above 20K running a road RECCE when we pick up 2 contacts on opposite heading (same "road" where MiG-21s were bagged by Hornets a few days prior). We determined they were friendly and broke our locks and were very impressed to see two A-10s running the road in a Thach type weave at 10K as if to say, "Go ahead, make my day!" just as described above. A tip of the hat to you and your comrades....what a machine! And the USAF almost reitred it early (more than once).

Joe - Have you had a chance to fly the Super Hornets yet?

Retired awhile back, but have a standing offer to fly at VFA-122, just got to get out there to Lemoore. It's on my list of things to do....

Chuck Norris would just look at the missile and it would fall out of the sky.
The best of the day !!! :worship: :lol: :lol: 10 points !!! EXCELLENT

Actually, I think the missile would know it was targeted at Chuck . . . and refuse to leave the launcher!

Edited by f14peter
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually, most of them seem to wind up degrading to Monty Python quotefests.

At the merge, the driver would "fffffart in it's general direction", but the SAM might reverse and come back to "taunt him a second time-muh".

:crying::cheers:

• 9 months later...