1/48 IAI KFIR C-2

After a needed break I decided to come back again with a new project. This time a 1/48 IAI Kfir c2 from the Ecuadorian Air Force (FAE). I always liked this jet, when I was 12 I had the chance to play in the cockpit during an air show and fell in love right there. As far as the kit, no one makes a 1/48 Kfir, so I resourced to aftermarket modifications. I purchased the Italeri Mirage III and I might play also with a Heller Mirage III C/E that I had on my stash. The conversion kit comes from Isracast (from Israel) and to my frustration the conversion is for a Kfir c1 not a c2!!! and yes fellas there are differences!!! :bandhead2: But thats okay, we are modellers, we can perform miracles on plastic so here I go. The decals came from Aztec (from Mexico) they are very nice, with details and lots of stencils in Spanish. After doing some research it turns out this aircraft shot down a Peruvian A-37 during a border conflict on 1995. Anyways I am not going to bore you to dead with history. I'll keep ya posted on this challenging build.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Love to see your work in progres.

About the C2 conversion kit - "Eagle designs" made one. You could have it from Luca, Eagle designs owner, a very nice dude.

Anyway, as you said, we are modellers, so you have a challenge...

hey Rick, don't worry there are not so much differences between F-21 and Kfir C2, mainly the canards, i guess they are different but not so complicated... i will contact my Ecuatorean friends to help u!

Count me! :bandhead2:

Greetings from Perú

Hey fellas:

Toolo, you are right, I find out about Eagle designs a little too late, but now I know where to go if I need another conversion set. Fulcrum, you always the friendly to go dude. Thank you, if you can hook me up with your ecuadorian friend would be awesome, there are almost NOT one single descent picture of the FAE Kfir out there. As far as the conversion, the two major differences that I noticed between the c1 and c2 is the canards and like Dave also noted the dog tooth wing design. The canards are cake to fix, the wing is going to be a little of a challenge, but it can be done. The isracast conversion set is just great. All the parts have the perfect size and fit like a charm to the kit, so I am very pleased with them. So far I made all the cuts and insitions on the plastic kit and I separated some resing parts from their cast. Right now I have the resin parts soaking in some dish soap and water (workts great to get all the oil from the molds). The plan was to add some pictures but the darn camera run out of batteries :blink: so I have to get some on my way home. I will post some pictures later. Thank you all for your kind comments.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...