New Star Trek Movie in the works ...

Naw.....Spock had more time in rank. Im thinkin the Next generation crew is getting a little long in the tooth, A sizable chunk of the origanal series actors have joined the choir invisable.

DS-9 blew dead bears, Voyager.....yeah right.

Enterprise??? I liked it but apparently Im the only one.

I dont know.......new bunch of actors and story I guess.

Be intersting to see exactly what they come up with.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but reading those links I was surprised to see Nemesis did so poorly at the box office. Personally it's one of my favourite Trek films out of any of them.

But what do I know?

:cheers:

Kirk meets Spock???? Thats just lame. Without sounding too geeky, (but by posting this Im afraid Im sounding geeky). Spock was on Enterprise like 13 or 16 years or something earlier as a LT under the first Captain.

Kirk was the golden boy who jumped the que for a real early command. What? is Spock a teacher or something?

No Sir, sounds pretty lame. :rolleyes:

Personally, I still find classic Trek to be the best, even given the cheesy SFX and some acting issues.

I enjoy STTNG, DS9, ST:V and ST:E, but nothing compares to the original. The later shows were marred by too much technobabble, time travel related plots (almost constant in Voyager AND Enterprise.)

Berman and Braga are considered by many ST fans to be the cause of a lot of the rot with the ST franchise. Enterprise could have been SO much more, but never achieved it's potential. There where way too many issues with how the show rewrote canon ST chronology.

When the Federation first encountered the Romulans, the Romulans had NO warp capable ships and the war against them was fought on that basis.

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country is still the finest of all the Trek movies IMHO.

Let's see, Mission Impossible director teamed with Lost producers. Young(ish) Kirk, played by Tom Cruise, meets Spock, they go off on a mission together and crash on some planet with a mysterious island. They stumble across a hatch buried in the ground, and a crashed Ferengi latinum-smuggler's ship, yada yada yada....

I'm a big Trek fan, but I think I'm done with it now.

Ben

I like some Trek, but it seems in the past 10 years or so it has just been beating a dead horse.

Maybe they need to just start with a clean slate- like Battelstar Galactica did? Completely fresh writers, hot chicks, the whole 9-yards?

Knowing Hollywood htese days, it'll probably me some politically correct crap where Trek History is again re-wrtten and changed. Wasn't Kirk serving aboard other starships before gaining captaincy of the enterprise? anyways, I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into some Brokeback Mountain thing.

Worst Trek Film: Star Trek Insurrection or Generations? take your pick. And Final Frontier was not that bad, especially compared to 'Generations'. IMHO

:D

Things they'll probably get wrong...as stated in the original series:

Spock was serving as science officer on the Enterprise as a lieutenant under Captain Pike 20 years before Kirk commanded that same ship. Kirk was the youngest captain in Starfleet and stated his age on one episode to be 36 - meaning that he'd have been 16 years old when Spock was Pike's science officer. Kirk would've entered the academy at 18 (if modern service academies are an example) and graduated at 22 as an ensign. To be at the academy at the right time, Lt Spock would have to have been an instructor.

Kirk's friends at the academy would've included Gary Mitchell, who gained godlike powers and died in the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the first one filmed with Shatner.

Kirk would've also been tormented by an upperclassman named Finnegan, who referred to Kirk as "as stack of books with legs" - from the episode where they went to the planet where any stray thought was brought to life.

Can anyone think of more of Kirk's revealed history they can get wrong? Remember, Trek novels, comics and other materials are not considered "canon", just the various TV series, the movies, and the animated series.

An affair with Janet Lester and also with a fellow officer who entered Starfleet as an attorney. When Kirk's job was on the line for allegedly jettisoning the observation pod before the red alert was sounded.

And of course....Ruth....who he saw on the recreation planet as previously mentioned where he fought with Finnegan.

Yes, the single most annoying sequence in the whole series was that portion of "Shore Leave"

Ruth looked hideous and that bloody music was shocking..... ick!....

:lol:

MikeJ

New trek movie?? Whoopee do.

I thought nemesis was ok, but I'm getting bored by starfleet being kicking boys. surely they must have more powerful ships than someone?

I think a good war trek film would be good. newish ship fighting during the dominion war. supply problems, and lots of aching "damn this war" stuff.

a smaller saber class star would be fun, they could crash it into things.

Starfleet needs a shakeup thats for sure. I just remembered the voyager episode when the prometheus was stolen. If you can't even guard your own newest, fastest ship then you may as well hand yourself over for assimilation.

Resistance is futile? far less embarassing for sure.

25-04-06

What the heck is it with the let's-make-everyone-younger crap. They've done it with James Bond and now they want to do it with Star Trek?? It's like a slap in the face to the fans who kept the franchise alive.

Maybe the ghosts of Brannon and Braga are haunting the franchise itself....slowly poisioning it....

If they really need to go retro, then use ST:Enterprise as the lynch pin. Or be "comtemporay" with a crew-mix based on ST:NG, ST:V and DS9. We could have a new ship, new threats now that the Romulans are our friends, they could explore the Romulan sector of space...prehaps a Second Dominion War....would give scope to a triology.

Forget the Borg, gives us something new.

Or maybe another leap forward, twenty or thrity years...or a hundred years. C'mon, forget this Young Starfleet crap....

Liam