IAI Kfir c2 seat

Fellas... really quick question... what's the specific ejection seat for the Kfir c2? I have several reports, the MK-6, MK-4? please advise

Rick

Did quite abit of research into Kfirs a few years back and as far as I can remember....

The MB Mk.6 is indeed assocaited with the Kfir C-2 version, I think the some C-1s had the earlier Mk.4 Series, no doubt from their Mirage heritage. However the C-7s have the later Mk.10 and it is evident from pictures that some aircraft reported as C-2s, particularly export examples do indeed also have this seat upgrade.

HTH

Edited by Mandrake

Such an interesting subject....

The kfir is such an interesting aircraft, very few is know about it. So I guess I should go with the MK-6 seat, or did the Ecuadorian Air Force upgraded to the MK-10 model? I guess that is the question?

When I was 12 I had the chance to seat in the cockpit of the very same airplane I am modeling, and I don't recall the looks of the Mk-6. But then I was 12 :D

Thank you anyways, you are all awesome, mandrake you seen to know your s^&*(& very well

Rick

Such an interesting subject....

The kfir is such an interesting aircraft, very few is know about it. So I guess I should go with the MK-6 seat, or did the Ecuadorian Air Force upgraded to the MK-10 model? I guess that is the question?

When I was 12 I had the chance to seat in the cockpit of the very same airplane I am modeling, and I don't recall the looks of the Mk-6. But then I was 12 :D

Thank you anyways, you are all awesome, mandrake you seen to know your s^&*(& very well

Rick

Rick,

As the headrest shape is very different between the Mk.6 and the Mk.10 it is pretty easy to tell the two apart in most photos. Looking at pictures of Ecudorian Kfirs C.2/7 it would appear that the utilise the the Mk.10, their CEs and TC.2/7 certainly do. As I said earlier there are some inconsistencies in C-2/C-7 desinations on export models, I suspect many are C-2 incorporating alot of the C-7 improvements as per individual customer requirements. To be quite honest I don't recall seeing Mk.6s on anything but early Israeli C-2s, though I could be wrong.

HTH

Edited by Mandrake

Interesting, but your picture tells it right there!, now I am 100% sure. Also since you know all this good stuff, could you tell me the big difference between the c2, and c7? seem from the outside they both look the same.

Thank you

Interesting, but your picture tells it right there!, now I am 100% sure. Also since you know all this good stuff, could you tell me the big difference between the c2, and c7? seem from the outside they both look the same.

Thank you

Rick,

In most cases the diferrences are quite subtle, especially externally. The C-7 upgrade includes a more advanced avoincis suite and new cockpit setup, including HOTAS. It also allows for LGBs to be carried and these are often used on the new pylons located under the intakes, though these are not always carried by C-7s. I think it hads provision for an IFR probe nad some improvements in terms of their defensive measures, namely a new RWR system and provsion for chaff/flare dispensors under the tail. Oh and some engine tweaks!

However as indicated before export Kfirs seems to incorporate many of these C-7 associated updates, yet are often still reported as C-2s, SLAF examples are perhaps the most obvious examles of this.

HTH

• 2 years later...

Hi! I found this post and I want to make a contribution here, in regards of the ejection seats in Colombian Kfirs...

A modeler friend who lives in Colombia had visited some Air Bases and had a close look of the Kfirs. According to his sources, the Kfir C-2 as they arrived first came with the Martin Baker 6 ejection seat. Later, all C-7 were upgraded with the same Mk 10 seat of the Mirages V.

It is kind of confusive, but I trust in this guy who have seen them closely...I hope this helps.

Saludos