New Space 1999 Stun Gun !! Most accurated kit ever !

138732765.jpg

Hi to everyone !

At long last, after years on the bench, i have completed my new 1999 Laser Stun Gun !!

It is now available from Stratosphere Models !

1999 Laser !! Most accurate version ever !

After years of waiting, finally, the most accurate model kit of the Space 1999 laser ! Build in 1:1 scale, the model kit include 9 parts, cast in high quality pressure cast white polyurethane resin. The photo above shows the completed prototype. Pictures of the mold are available at my website (see adress below). The model began its long gestation many years ago, in the year 2000. Modeled from the best hero props, it is the most accurate model of the stun gun to date. Here is why: The original design of my laser can be found in the sci-fi kits section of my website, so you can compare. The original model was already pretty accurate, but was based in part on 2nd hand information. Later on, upon discovering the "official technical manual" blueprint, i heavily modified my original model kit, which was not a good idea: i removed much material from the rear part of the handle to match the blueprint, and later found out from pictures of the actual hero props that my earlier version was indeed better prior to modification.. and the "original tech manual" blueprint is totally wrong.. so i totally corrected the the 2nd version of my prototype and brought it back to its earlier shape, which is now the most accurate. My kit is heavily based on the best hero props seen in one of the Season 2 episode in close up views.

The model kit even have a working fire selector :) ! Possibly a first.

Some early models of the stun gun did not have any of the 4 buttons on the handle and had no fire selector at all. Some other early hero version had a different fire selector (in Season 1). Most models were sculpted in such a way that no two of them matched, some were even poorly made vacform copies of the original sculpts and were used when a prop needed to be destroyed or for background shots. Those were not used as reference, only the best hero props were used for proper accuracy. And now you can buy the final, most accurate version, only from Stratosphere Models, for only $65.00 US.

Stephane,

Stratosphere Models.

email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

Edited by Stratospheremodels

I must add, it's the 2 redesigns and all the little changes and polishing that took a long time.

The original first one i did (a picture of which is still visible on my website, i think) just took me one day of work to make. It would have been considerably shorter had i had the pictures of the hero prop when i started the kit. That, and because i had a lot of other kits i had to finish first, during the past couple of years. Now done, and it's available :)

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models.

Picturetrail.com/stratospheremodels

<<But does it have an actual, working laser in it? If not, what's the point? *Smirk*

Green laser pointer, so you can see the beam.>>

Karaya,

a laser is not a toy (!). I have seen too many teenagers with bad ideas on their minds point such things in the eyes of people who were not aware of this. This is VERY dangerous for the eyes (!) (specially for people who wear glasses). (Plus, not to mention that pointing a "gun" with a laser mounted in it in public could get you shot by police). No one in his sane mind would sell a prop that would have a working laser in it.

But LED's would be an option. You can buy two kits, cut them in two, and hollow them out and put light inside. There you will have your light effect.

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models

Hi Ikar,

thanks ! :)

I don't know yet, i am going to try for aluminum, airbrush color (buffing aluminum).

Or maybe stainless steel.

(the only metallic colours i have used so far which give good effect were the Model master airbrush enamel colors. I know there are others, but i have not tried them yet).

I am due to make the first casting soon, and to finish the small molds soon also, the mold boxes for the small parts are ready and will follow the big mold which i already have made a couple weeks ago.

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models.

Picturetrail.com/stratospheremodels

Edited by Stratospheremodels