Under the original plan, was the aircraft to be lengthened, or was the second pit just added to the rear of the current seat (a la F-16B and F/A-18B)?

Thanks

I won't claim to be 100% certain on this, but the only 2 seater I had heard about was a stretched fuselage and was meant to be more of a fighter-bomber. I don't know if there was ever just a 2 seat trainer or whatever though.

I won't claim to be 100% certain on this, but the only 2 seater I had heard about was a stretched fuselage and was meant to be more of a fighter-bomber. I don't know if there was ever just a 2 seat trainer or whatever though.

There were initially plans for an F-22B, like the F-15B or F-16B - a two seat, dual-control, mission-capable trainer version. It got dropped to save money on the program, but it's the version that almost was. I don't know if it would've meant a stretched fuselage, but something in me thinks it probably would've just shoehorned another seat into the existing dimensions.

There is actually a 3-seat version being undertaken by Champion Outfitters (whose previous experience with hip-hop quality limos can be clearly seen to good use here....)

new-2.jpg

Hey...as long as I was photoshopping raptors...why not?

Edited by kozlok