'Striking Flankers I&II' set of profiles

just to let you know, today, my set of profiles of Flankers was posted on acig...

...it should include all schemes and all operators of Flankers around the world, plus several pre-production machines plus some prototypes of more advanced versions. ...total of 24 profiles of the mighty Flanker.

Check out the galleries:

Striking Flankers I:

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_552.shtml

Striking Flankers II:

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_555.shtml

I hope you, Flanker fans, will enjoy my project :lol:

Outstanding stuff :worship:

Nice to see all the profiles lined up there at acig, but I still like the ARC thread better. The bigger pictures, close-ups, color swatches and in-progress narrative make for a nicer experience...

Keep up the outstanding work! :cheers:

Thanks guys.... I am really happy this Flanker thing is over me... originally I did intend to do something like 8 profiles, and then it was like "I have to make one more profile for this really cool scheme" ....and when I had 23 profiles, I had to say myself "REALLY one last more, and then STOP" :worship:

Flanker is really most beautiful jet in my eyes, but now it is time to move on.....and finish three 1/48 3-D Flankers on my workbench ;) :cheers: :D

...I would really love to see my work printed :D so I will perhaps try to offer some of my profiles to some magazine.... I will see whether they find my work good enough...

One more thing ...my thanks to Diego Rogoz and Jared Hooper for letting me use their decal artworks for some of my profiles... it saved me lot of unexciting time drawing the insignia and some parts of the marking for some machines myself

Are there any decals available in 1/48 of the Indian Su-30 in the Orange, White and Green pain scheme?

unfortunatelly no, but you can use indian Su-30 decals on "Flankers on patrol I" decal sheet, and add large Dharma Chakra that is painted on white colour field in black...you can do this by masking easily... all other parts (including Hawks symbol and inscription) can be found on abovementioned decal sheet

...there is at least one "tricolour" Indian Flanker to be found on ARC Su-30 gallery...so you can also consult it with the model's builder

good luck with the project!

Well, now that there's a (rather) complete line of colour profiles for the "basic" Flankers, could you consider making one for the Fullback as well? I just happen to adore the contours of this flying camper van!

The problem here of course is that we can't be 100% sure what the camo will be for them, when the Russian AF really takes those planes in to service, can we?

I like the cool camouflage the Su-32/34 protos have had until now, though it's a real pain in the a** to get them right when modelling.

could you consider making one for the Fullback as well? I just happen to adore the contours of this flying camper van!

Well, now I am starting new profile project: Mirages 2000 in international service....so it will take some time before I finish the M2K set :blink: ...and I will probably do "F-4Es around the world" when I finish the mirages...

I thought you were in to Flankers

Well, I am still into flankers...but after doing 24 profiles of the same aircraft, I need some looong break :blink:

Jan,

The profiles turned out very nicely, and I'm glad that you could use some of my art for "502."

I'm looking forward to your future work!

-Jared