Saturday at the Space Coast Regional contest I bought a 1/160th Destroid Monster. Today I was talking to someone who said that someone else had produced a larger scale, possibly 1/100or a little larger. Has anyone heard of this?

AFAIK, the 1/160th kit is the largest injection-moulded version of the Monster. IMAI/ARII kitted it in 1/160th and 1/200th; then there are some die-cast ones in other scales. I believe there is a 1/100th scale Monster, but that one is resin.

Lucky find on your part though - I haven't seen a Monster kit in the flesh since I was a kid!! :worship:

EDIT: Found the following via Google:

HWR-00-Mk II Destroid Monster

1/500 Destroid Monster

Injection-mold plastic model

Macross Pitaban Type 30

Nichimo

1983 (unreleased)

Y200

1/200 Destroid Monster

Macross series 8

Imai

1982 November

Y700

1/160 Destroid Monster

Macross series 18

Arii

1982 November

Y1000

1/240 Destroid Monster

Die-cast toy

Macross Collection Series No. 5

Takatoku

Yellow Sub resin 1/144th Monster

1/100th METAL Monster!!

The 1/100 one isn't actually the monster from the original series, its the koenig monster from the VFX2 game on the PS. Whereas the original monster had four honking great cannons and two arms with three shooty things per arm, the Koenig monster has the cannons, and shooty arms and can also transform into a aircraft, battroid and the standard monster destroid shape.

You're not exactly correct. There is a 1/100 scale HWR-00 Mk-II Monster that is from the original series. I did one here. The sculptor is Gundamhead and the kit was offered briefly by SMT. GH has the master back, but has not given it to a caster to cast. Alot of this has to do with the 1/72nd that is being made by a group over at Macrossworld.com. It is a huge monster. Here are pics of the 1/100 wcale that I did:

mon9.jpg

mon10.jpg

mon4.jpg

mon6.jpg

mon1.jpg