This is still a WIP showing a Yak3 diving. Still have a few changes to make to the aircraft. I was told a Yak3 does not eject its shell casings. Does any other member know if this is a fact, since I've shown them being ejected?

Yak650.jpg

Gray,

I dug up all the references I have and can find nothing that looks like openings for ejecting brass. When you think about it, all the armament is in the nose, so why would you eject your spent casings directly into the coolant radiator? I guess the brass was collected in the airframe like on a jet.

Don

Hey thanks Don for that information. I'll make the changes. Its too bad I kind of like the look of ejecting shells. Skyraider suggested adding gun smoke which I thought was a pretty good idea.

Cheers, Gray.

• 4 weeks later...

T.Will

Great looking piece. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. But i will mention that alot of aircraft with nose armorment retained their casings to try reduce the shift in center of gravity aft. I can only think on a few that didn't P-38, Me262 for starters.

Shay

Semper Fortis