New French F-8 from Academey

I pre-ordered it from HLJ.com, and it arrived here in the U.S. A couple of weeks ago. I must say that I am very impressed with the kit. I didn't pick up the USMC release, so this was the first time I handled the Academy F-8 plastic, but it looks like an awesome kit. When I read the review of that one, and it indicated that there were Matra Magic missiles on there, I knew that the F-8E FN or F-8P would be forth coming, and all I had to do was bide my time. Well my patience paid off, and I think that the wait was well worth it.

The decals were printed by Cartograf, and are equally great.

-Jared

P.S. I'll be doing the F-8P with the Shark's Mouth for the last cruise.

Got mine last weekend!! :( I'm doing the Shark's mouth too.

Does anybody have a FS number for the Blue/gray color?

It is a great kit, but too bad the leading edge slats were not seperate parts... :woot.gif:

Just got mine yesterday from Y.Y. Yung in Hong Kong and it is a beaut! Too bad it doesn't have the drooped flaps and forward hinges on the slats but I'm sure someone will probably do the wing in resin with these features. I'm selling/trading the decals and will be using Carpena's decals for one of the last active duty birds without special markings.

Hey Hoops, did you get my last e-mail? My account just said my e-mail wasn't in use because another account was using it (?) and my e-mail could possibly not be sent or received. (Though I have been able to do that in the last couple of days!!!!

WARDOG

Too bad an RF-8 probably isn't in the cards...

I know :D

However an RF-8 would be a major retool where this one is not.

We can still live in hope that they will do one, it will solve all the problems I am going through with the RHVP conversion at the moment.

Julien

Oh, the FS number listed is 35164 Intermediate Blue. This seems like a fair starting point but you may want to possible darken it slightly with a little more blue or to your tastes. I plan on using Humbrol HF-1(?) "Gris Blue Claire" with maybe a touch of dark blue to bring the color around. We'll see how that goes WHENEVER I get a chance to BUILD something!

Maybe its also time to get a couple of French Pilot sets from PJ productions to go along with my "Crouze", and Rafael M, and Super Etendard!

WARDOG