nice....

interesting in the comments:

A pleasant surprise on my last day at Toronto. This had been showing off the new display livery to FedEx, who sponsored it. I managed to catch it as it taxiied out. Unfortunately, the mound wasn't quite hight enough to lose the fence, but at least I could see clear over the top for this beauty!

425 sq I see this year.........ehhh. Its ok. :D

Next year I suspose it will be 409 sq. I wish they'd do up a hawk CF-18 like the colourful voodoos of the past.

Dont think the 101 scheme would work quite as nice on a hornet as the voodoo, buuuuuutt.......

they can try. :D

Real weird to see one of our Cf-18's so clean eh? I think this show bird look a little better than last year's, but it still needs some kick. Kinda like the orange one we had for the tiger meet. Now that would be something. :cheers:

This one is listed at the airshow in Tullahoma, Tn. at the end of this month. I hope to see it there. I am supposed to get press passes, and if I do I will get walk arounds of this jet.

I'll keep you posted, Craig

Any more pics?

I've only seen one other picture and it was taken at almost the exact same angle. From what I've heard the left and right tails are the same.

Once the airshow season really gets going I'm sure there will be lots of picture circulating.

Cheers,

Sean

Saw it this past Saturday at Langley AFB, got some pics too, that I'll try and post later this week.

Ken

(and yes, I took pics of the tail markings and the crew names on the doors, modeler's eye and all that)

425 sq I see this year.........ehhh. Its ok. :D

Next year I suspose it will be 409 sq. I wish they'd do up a hawk CF-18 like the colourful voodoos of the past.

Dont think the 101 scheme would work quite as nice on a hornet as the voodoo, buuuuuutt.......

they can try. :D

gotta agree with ya, phantom...although the tail colours look nice, the rest of the plane is, well...boring. If that's all they could do with the $$$ FedEx gave them...

you guys talking about this bird.... :) sry, i was thinking like a photographer this last weekend and not as a modeler so no walkarounds from me. I might have a few more if anyone wants, or if someone wants high-res copies...

Dan

Edited by flynavy

I agree, those inner tails are a great addition. And look like they could even be left on after removal of the fancy paint. If they come out with decals I'll build it to go along with my 23 other (mostly)fancy Canadian Hornets.

425 sq I see this year.........ehhh. Its ok. <_<

they can try. :whistle:

:blink: What? Is 409 still active and equipped with CF-18s?? *starts hyperventilating* :o

<_< Thanks Sean, that is, at least to me, incredible news. Of course its sad 441 and 416 have to stand down for that, but having grown up near Baden-Soellingen with the Nighthawks flying the Hornet out of there... *remembers the good ol' 90's* :whistle:

Edited by RedIndian

421 Sqn never had a chance in the renaming process due to the lack of political correctness in the squadron's nickname.

I would have liked to have seen the squadron reformed. My uncle Guy was killed in a Sabre crash (s/n 19365) while flying with the Red Indians with 2 Wing at Grostenquin in 1953.

http://www.pinetreeline.org/metz/choloy/choloy13.html

In photo #6, my aunt Barbara is being consoled and steadied by the officer with the black armband in the left side of the photo. She was pregnant with my cousin David when he was killed.