181st FW Wing Commanders F-16C

Jake Melampy and I had total access to the flightline for the first photo's of the 181st FW Wing King's new markings Thursday afternoon.The Wing Commander and Community Manager spent the whole afternoon with us while Jake took the photo's,the crew chief(and the former c/c who is retiring)of '500(who was the Blue Angels for three years)pulled out all the stops for Jake to get the absolute best photo's he could,the Flightline supervisors went above and beyond in thier help also,hats off to Leon,J.D.,"Claw","Spatsy" and all the other flightline crews for thier help!

Jake's pictures are far better than mine but here it goes with the shots I took!I hope Jake will post his as well as soon as he sorts thru all the pics he has taken over the last two days.

Here's what 85-1500 looked like for the 181st FW/113th FS 75th Anniversery bash in 1998,the markings remained pretty much the same until this past week

P1164812.jpg

The new markings for 85-1500

100_1632a.jpg

100_1637d.jpg

100_1644b.jpg

100_1619.jpg

Jake walking around '500 for the best shots,out of sight is the big B1(they had it cranked up 18 feet) stand that maintenance set up for Jake

100_1640.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1639.jpg

The Wing Commander and the past and present crew chiefs of 85-1500

100_1635.jpg

OK Dave - When are you guys gonna schedule a RON at DM for me so I can shoot this one before it goes away??! I only wish this had been painted before the final Snowbird deployment . . . sigh!

Awesome paint job - Many, many thanks for sharing these photos with us.

And . . . cut yourself some slack - your photos are great!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

ATB -

- Rip -

OK Dave - When are you guys gonna schedule a RON at DM for me so I can shoot this one before it goes away??! I only wish this had been painted before the final Snowbird deployment . . . sigh!

Awesome paint job - Many, many thanks for sharing these photos with us.

And . . . cut yourself some slack - your photos are great!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

ATB -

- Rip -

Thanks Wally,I'm not as great with digital as I was with film but I'm still learning.I held off on sending you the Snowbird disk until after Jake's flight and the roll-out of '500's new markings(I also threw our 2003 ONW pics on there as well),the disk is off to you monday morning.You'll like the video that's on there!

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Many, many thanks again my friend!!

I appreciate it more than you know.

Maybe the 181st can get a stay of execution like the Willow Grove folks did . . . It's nice to dream.

ATB -

- W -

Well, dave, I could post my own shots, but I think yours look just fine. There's nothing I could do any better.

Nice job!

Jake

That is a really clean smart looking aircraft, it is really good to see some colour on an F-16.

Great job on the bird and thanks for posting the pictures.

Julien

Well, dave, I could post my own shots, but I think yours look just fine. There's nothing I could do any better.

Nice job!

Jake

Jake,you are far too kind,I know you have some great shots hiding in that camera of yours! :)

Phantom Phreak,the current crew chief was with the Blue Angels for three years,he keeps a very spotless aircraft indeed. :) :blink:

Julien,the guys on the flightline share your feelings as far as color returning to the flightline,to bad we won't be doing all our F-16's the same way.

I hope they have been sent to the usual suspects when it comes to aftermarket decals...

It actually makes me want to build a Racers jet now!

Well,Jake and I have talked about that exact same thing,as Forrest Gump would say.."That's all I can say about that" :thumbsup:

WOW!!!!! SOME COLOR ON THE 500!!!! Nice pics TSgt. also do you know what Vipers are gonna do the fly over at INDY this year(been a four ship formation the past three years)

Coming down to airfair again this year too maybe we can meet up.

Charles

Charles,I believe we may be doing the Indy 500 fly-over,I'm hoping that they'll put '500 in the lead when they do.

I appreciate all the kind comments,especially from the excellent photographers we have here on ARC,it's you guys that I get inspiration from! :blink:

Every modeler on ARC leaves me in awe!

Ok,I have to ask,who wants this airplane on decal?I've more than several inquiries as to if we've sent the walk-arounds to anyone yet,as of right now we haven't.That'll probably change soon but I was wanting to get an idea of how many people would like to have it on a decal.

Anyone?

Bueller?.....

Hi Dave,

Well, since You are asking......... :-). Sign me up for one in 1/48 - are You doing 1/72, as well. 1/72 is my preferred scale as I still have 70+ F-16s waiting to be build!!

Greetings,

Henrik.