Tamiya equivalent for RLM 76 light blue?

can anyone tell me the tamiya equivalent for RLM 76 light blue as my local hobby store mostly stocks only tamiya paint and i can't order online because the online store in Australia i use is out of stock of rlm 76 grrrr :thumbsup:

TIA

Brad

IIRC Tamiya makes a halfway decent RLM 65, but you'll probably have to mix 76. I know thier RLM 70 & 71 aren't very accurate. If you look around, there's probably some website somewhere that has mix formulas to make correct Luftwaffe colors with Tamiya paints.

SN

Tamiya RLM 76: XF-23 (Flat Light Blue) 60% + XF-2 (Flat White) 40%. Alternately I've seen it listed as 70% XF-2, 20% XF-66 (Flat Light Gray) and 10% XF-23.

The top example will give you more of a blue shade, the second more of a gray shade. Your choice.

Other mixes and colors can be found here:

http://www.naplak.com/modeling/tips/color_guide.htm#tamiya

Edited by David Walker

Color 76 is named both light blue (lichtblau) and light grey (lichtgrau). An access panel Jerry Crandall displays at shows that is painted in 76 has a definite blue cast, many color chips portray it more of a bluish grey, and Brett Green in his book for Eagle Editions about late war 109s describes the original paint work on the example in Australia as being close to FS35622.

None of this helps with a Tamiya mix, but then David Walker already provided a couple of alternatives :rofl: FWIW, I prefer the slightly bluish interpretation myself and use Gunze H314 (FS 35622) tinted with a little H334 (Barley Grey)