I'm still hoping to finish mine. I have the bits in the fuselage and the fuselage glued together but have to rescribe a few lost panel lines. I'm so swamped that my head is spinning and things are very stressful but I hope to still be able to finish her up last-minute.

At this point all I can do is moderate this GB! :o As you've no doubt noticed I haven't been aroun much latley...lotsa personal stuff so I won't be building just modding :woot.gif:

Would be finished sooner, but last night I realized I had the wrong wing for my F-8H. I used the cutting edge conversion, but didn't realize I should have kept the same wing as the F-8E! So now I have D model wing, on my fuselage. Decided to purchase another E model from Squadron and I'll use that wing. I'll drive on with the rest of the fuselage (since I have half a ton of resin). Should be able to finish by the deadline as long as Squadron gets the wing here quickly.

Have the A-7D painted and going to the decal stage. Images to be posted on the Delta. The A-7E is ready for paint. The F-8E is still in the construction phase and that will be very close.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Edited by uscusn

Oh man, this is NOT going to help. I broke the tip to my Iwata. I decided to clean it and then put it back on and I think I tightened it too much. It honestly didn't feel like I was putting any pressure on it when screwing it back in. But when I tried to paint thinner through it I got this weird noise and took it apart and looked and there's a big hole or crevace in the side of the tip. It looks like someone twisted the tip causing it to break. I ordered a new one last night but this may kill any hope of completing her on time because I won't be able to do anything this weekend now. :thumbsup:

Edited by StevenJ
Oh man, this is NOT going to help. I broke the tip to my Iwata. I decided to clean it and then put it back on and I think I tightened it too much. It honestly didn't feel like I was putting any pressure on it when screwing it back in. But when I tried to paint thinner through it I got this weird noise and took it apart and looked and there's a big hole or crevace in the side of the tip. It looks like someone twisted the tip causing it to break. I ordered a new one last night but this may kill any hope of completing her on time because I won't be able to do anything this weekend now. :bandhead2:

......bummer! :wave:

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
  • 2 weeks later...

I should come in just under the wire on my F-8E! <_< I haven't even started my A-7 yet, though! <_< I just got my cockpit in for it today! The slavemasters around here have been keeping us pee-on's here till 2-3AM the last couple of weeks! :rofl: And I know I'm behind putting up in-progress pics, so pleeeeessee don't beat me!! :wacko:

I'm going as fast as I can here, but with 2 exams coming up in June (college and my PPL) and all the perks of this tricky conversion, I'm surely outside of the GB deadline... <_<

I will give it a try though.

Edited by Dimosthenis

well my b-52 is all most done for the heavies gb so i may get my a7 done in time. it will be a very fast build. i was going to detail all the componets were the acces doors open up but with time running out. the doors will be closed.i am still going to do the a-7e va-72 desert storm bird

:redx:

I just got back into town and there is no way I will finish and I certainly do not want to rush the job. I'm just about to where I'm ready to paint. I just need to clean up the CE brake bay area (after getting the Aires cockpit, wheel bay and engine to fit and the fuselage glued up.)

Sorry kids, no joy on getting done. I got my F-8 an A-7D both together and ready for paint, but I've been building an F-14 for the Sunset build. I also got distracted by an F-117 build...but that's a different problem.