New Trek movie will be young Kirk + Spock

:o :o :o

07-05-06

Just read in Starburst magazine ( I think it was that one) that JJ has stated that hte new movie will be a young Kirk meets young(ish) Spock!!!!!!!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol:

Proof again that the fans get ignored!!! Nobody wants this!! Yet they are still making it????

I hope and pray that it's only a part of the movie.. a section off over there in the corner we can all ignore and maybe stamp on when no-one is looking......

I think, I smell an ulterior motive.....Hollywood is forever making things "yoff" orientated .. there might be a new series in the off-ing... this could be a way to gauge interest?

Please let it be just a rumour ( or a clever ploy by J.J. to throw the journos off the scent)

Can we stop this spawn of evil, b*st**d-child before it gets hatched?

Liam

eep.

snore.

bring back good trek!! theres enough holes in the different serries' to fill in with a movie...man treks becoming like the old watering hole thats been rebored so many times ya dont know where it is at!

maby something a little less sanitised, like, i dunno, the holodeck breaks down and the crew of the enterprise have to battle the virtues of vulcan syphilis or something...

i guess the point is going back in time has gotten old, sterilised characters are boring, trek badly needs to go in a new direction to keep up wiht the competetion.

id like to see the federation decay into civil war, maby due to the dominion war..that way we can flush the happy-happy, joy-joyness out and create some interesting oppunities.

Edited by Raymond

OOh, a prequel! everybody loves prequels! They're allllway successful, and add to the mythos of the series...and the new characters that they introduce are always favorites... right, Mr. Lucas?

Edited by RedHeadKevin

If they're going to do a Trek movie, they should do one about Enterpirse C. There doesn't seem to be enough imagination in Hollywood to come up with anything original, and the Ent-C story is ready-made. All they have to do is come up with a situation that puts the crew between the Romulans & Klingons. They won't have to tax their pointy little heads as to what to do about an ending, since Ent-C gets blown up helping the Klingons. They can even use most of the TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise" episode as filler. It would rank right up there with all of the other crap coming out of Hollywood these days.

I must say, SG1, Farscape, Firefly, and the new Battlestar Galactica have spoiled me. Trek looks pretty lame compared to them. Even the new Dr. Who is more entertaining.

Ben

And this is why i don't go to the movies any more. If its generic crap i won't miss it. If its mildly entertaining it will be on cable/tv eventually. If i really want to see it, i will also really want to keep it. So skip the ticket and go straight to the DVD.

I still think the premis for this movie is gay. And I dont mean that as a good thing. :cheers: The "history" of the characters is all wrong for such an encounter. Unless Spock is all ready a commissioned rank.

And even then.......its gay.

"It would be logical to quit you."

If they're going to do a prequel, then they should hit the wayback button and cover the Vulcan wars that conclude with the Vulcans who want to follow Surak's path of logic staying on the home planet and the ones that want to keep their emotions in tact hopping on the generational ships and eventually becoming the Romulans.

Still part of the Trek universe, but fresh enough to be interesting.

Any way aren't Shatner and Nemoy getting a little old for a prequel. :cheers: You can't image Shatners ego letting anyone else play Kirk while he is still breathing.

TC

No kidding...you know, I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall when Shatner watched "Galaxy Quest" as it unabashedly made huge parallels to his legendary, awful ego. Just to watch his expressions, hear his comments....

By the time Galaxy Quest came out, the ego was under (somewhat) nominal control and Shatner was capable of poking fun at himself. I imagine he was highly amused by Tim Allen's take on his ego...maybe a bit embarassed.

If it had come out around 1985, I think Shatner would've been livid the first time he saw it. Back then, he wasn't in on the joke.