EAGERLY waiting for this one to arrive in the mail.....

I've found some really good pics of the paint scheme, and even some of one that a (very good) modeler did up.....

Anyone here have it or build it??? I'd really value input of any kind....

PH :thumbsup:

I have it, but it is not ready yet. In my view it is quite a right shape. The resin is "sponge like" and it had many air holes and (bubbles) the bridge section holdings where broken in 3-4 points ans the upper wing was broken in one point. But those were easy to repair. The space in which the main beam gun lays, is the biggest problem, and I am at this point now... the time is limited and this modell is now in hold. But if you send some pictures while your model is built up my inspiration perhaps comes back.

I think that is the only Whitestar model nowadays and dispite the downfalls it is great model.

I haven't got it yet, but I'm hoping to get hold of one in the near future along with the Warp Shadow Ship. I was looking at getting the GRP Thunderbolt III, but at £200 in the UK I think I'll wait for that lottery win!

There's a good Bablyon 5 model site here with kits as well as several scratch builds.

i saw the whitestar model at frontiermodels.com. looks awesome. buggr doing that paint job though. i'm tempted by the omega destroyer model they've got. where can you find that thunderbolt model?

Go to www.cometminitures.com, they're based in the UK. Select models kits, then Babylon5 & it'll give you all the B5 kits they've got, including the Thunderbolt. Be careful with the search function, it dosen't always give you what you want.

There's also www.federationmodels.com, based in the US. They have loads of B5 kits, but not the thunderbolt. I've never used them personally, but I've heard they're more reliable than Comet & worth paying the extra postage if your outside the US. No search function, but it's good fun trawling through their product range, I found a MiG-31 Firefox I'm very interested in, though I've since found it on comet. Would make a very nice whiff!

Simon

Edited by Mossie
  • 2 weeks later...

One warning about ordering from FederationModels....

They do an amazing job, but if you live in Canada, beware of Canada Customs.... I requested 2-3 day service, but Canada Customs decided to sit on the package for a week, and it wasn't even opened for inspection when it got here... they just kept it for no apparent reason.

But, it's here now, not all in one piece, but that's the beauty of resin. It's repairable!!!!!

Pictures to come when the kit is started....

Hello there You can try this site out for help . They have White Stars info stuff (Starship Modeler)

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5ships2.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5tech.htm

And a fellow ARCer Sells that kit and more. He goes by stratospheremodels, The link bellow has his models.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?u...atospheremodels

Hello there You can try this site out for help . They have White Stars info stuff (Starship Modeler)

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5ships2.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5tech.htm

And a fellow ARCer Sells that kit and more. He goes by stratospheremodels, The link bellow has his models.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?u...atospheremodels

Done and Done! I had a look, and along with what I already have, I think there's enough to get me along. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to paint it properly....

whitestar_top.jpg

whitestar_bottom.jpg

PH

Edited by paholmes
  • 4 weeks later...

You want to see sci-fi kits super quality ? Just look for the best kept secret on the internet for sci-fi kits ;) : Stratosphere Models.

Why buy from the UK when you can buy from here at half the hassle and at prices defying all competition (just look my super specials right now and think: I am putting right now

ALL my sci-fi kits at 40% OFF !!

Warp and Comet would NEVER give you sales prices or specials on their precious resin bubble kits..

(based on the comment description i have just read from the participants on this thread). Because they think more about filling their pockets by selling you small kits at high prices (and those myriads of bubbles under the surface..) while Stratosphere Models is one of you, a passionate modeler who want to offer you more for your money and who really cares about quality (everything is pressure cast).

Compare and see the difference.

I am not boasting idly, i make sales regularly and have sold my kits at auctions too, something they do not do, because UK and US dealers and kit makers almost always want the full price, while i sell at rebated prices half the time (!). And i'll make more new kits if you encourage me, Just ask, and if there is a sufficient number clients ready to pre-order, i will bring you the new kits that i have been wanting to create ! I've done it before.

As a collector, your money is important. When you pay 100$ or more for a resin kit you don't want a bloc of foam or a bar or soap.

As a modeler you should not pay for that .

You can get a Stratosphere Models for less than the price a similar size kit would be in the UK, or even at prices just a little higher than for a smaller kit from the UK or US, and that is before sale rebate !

See what you've missed ! Laser sharp accuracy & kits with none of bubbles under the surface that plague many if not most UK sci-fi kits (see the Space 1999 Eagle kits photo reviews on the web from the UK and the US which had to be completely rebuilt with custom made parts or scratch built parts to make them work, both because of the myriad of bubbles and poor design and details, and the B5 kits from them and you will see what i mean). I can give you close up pictures of all my parts and you will not see bubbles lurking under surface. That is because i always use fresh resin, where many others use resin contaminated by humidity (once again, to make a quick buck off the back of modelers, and because they buy their resin in bulk to make more profit but in disregard for quality when the old barrel of resin have been open since months and have long been contaminated by humidity in the air and is past its shelf life, just because they prefer to get it cheap and use all their material rather than throw the old one, at your expense instead of buying more fresh one in smaller qty (gallon size), or simply because they do not use pressurization for their castings and prefer to save time (and cost of equipment) when they cast, again at your expense. They do not care about you, i do) . And i use resin the way it should be.

Visit my website for many new kits and pictures at: Picturetrail.com/stratospheremodels

email: stratospheremodels yahoo.fr

Sincerely,

Stephane Cochin,

Stratosphere Models.

Edited by Stratospheremodels