Just discovered this series and both Lori and I are most impressed by the stories and the animation levels.

Great show!

Check out the Angels Interceptor Falcon and the series here.

Now if a model of that came out! BTW where can I get an old Airfix interceptor from?

:crying: and SIG!

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

It looks great, now when will it get to the US. I loved the old Captain Scarlet shows. I tried sharing some old Thunderbirds DVDs with my kids, they thought they were pretty lame. I guess they were spoiled by modern special effects.

TC

I've seen at least one, possibly two seasns on TV here in the UK, having been a fan of the original I didn't know what to expect from a remake but I thought it was really good.

Watch out for the episode Circles of Doom, #109, featuring the SPECTRUM Lancaster bomber :blink:

Karl

Edited by karlwb

Not exactly the same, no.

But the aircraft and vehicle designs have a big Anderson flavour and coupled with Ron Thorton's ideas (Babylon 5, Hypernauts)...wow!

The voice of the Mysterons is even more menacing :woo:

Now if they were to do a similar thing to the Thunderbirds....

:)

MikeJ

Agreed but it does not detract for the entertainment value and at least we have a good remake which is more than I can say for some movies and TV shows.

Compared to the likes of the Thunderbirds movie, it's a GEM!!!! :lol:

I can't bring myself to watch the Thunderbirds movie... I just can't B)

Don't see it!!

Yuck!!!

:cheers:

MikeJ

I wish the Thunderbirds movie from a couple of years ago was done in this way as CG, rather than live-action. There was something special about Supermarionation, which got lost with all live-action, but I think CG would have been a more natural evolution (or less jarring) for classic TB fans.

It's ironic that Team America came out that same year, using something similar to Supermarionation, though a COMPLETELY different kind of movie.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Captain Scarlet sticks pretty close to the look of the original characters (though I miss Francis Matthew's "Cary Grant" impression) and is pretty dark for a kids TV series. Gerry Anderson was not happy at the scheduling, something ITV seem to have been blasé about with almost every Anderson show since "Thunderbirds".

Gerry was on Radio 5 last year and was asked what he thought of the "Thunderbirds" movie - "utter rubbish" was his reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was given a copy of the first eight episodes at Wonderfeat by Rob of Fabgear USA,and I must say I liked it a lot,so much so that I ordered the DVDs from the U.K.The DVDs are PAL so be advised.Fabgear carries all the toys and products,am waiting for the Falcon aircraft from Corgi.I will be using that to make a big Falcon maybe 24th scale.The designs of the show is great.I was told they did 26 episodes.Alexander