Some trouble with natural metal finishes

Gentlemen,

On a whole, I have found your product to be excellent. I did have some trouble applying your transfers on top of an Alclad natural metal finish. The large transfers were not an issue, but the stencils would not stay. Are there any tips you have that would help the transfers adhere better?

Gentlemen,

On a whole, I have found your product to be excellent. I did have some trouble applying your transfers on top of an Alclad natural metal finish. The large transfers were not an issue, but the stencils would not stay. Are there any tips you have that would help the transfers adhere better?

I recommend to apply on the coated surface.

Because the surface of Alclad and other buffing enamels are unstable in applying with our dry decals. :blink:

So sealing or coating may be needed.

Good Luck!

From Kim

Kim,

The whole objective of using rub-on decals is to avoid coating/sealing. More so for metallic surfaces.

If you could find a way round the problem, it will be great. Since it is working fine for the large decals, I'm sure there must be a way to do it for small stencils as well.

Regards

Kwek

Kim,

The whole objective of using rub-on decals is to avoid coating/sealing. More so for metallic surfaces.

If you could find a way round the problem, it will be great. Since it is working fine for the large decals, I'm sure there must be a way to do it for small stencils as well.

Regards

Kwek

Kwek, our Dry decals are stable for the any coating or sealing.

This is because Our dry transfer system is different with other general DT printers.

And for the round surface with large decals, please use our HD clear decal.

With this methods Major HD dry transfer defects surely diminish

We developed this clear decal just one month ago.

Following is the direction.

-----------------------------------

Clear decal for HD Dry Transfers.

One set contains 2 blue sheets of A5 size clear decals.

Directions

1. Transfer HD dry markings on this clear decal.

2. Cut roughly markings and use as general water sliding decals.

3. Mix general Paraffin oil(or other enamel thinners) and Laquor thinner(general modelling Laquor thinners) as rate 7:3 to 6:4.

4. Wet the tissue or cotton swab with this mixture slightly.

5. The clear film will be melt away with this mixture in a few seconds with 2-3 times applying.

6. We recommend to overspray with topcoats after applying.

Caution

1. Some painted surfaces may be melt by this mixture, So we recommend to spray with top coats before decalling.

2. Too thin line markings may be defected by mixture, so if possible, please use this method at adequate cases.

3. Please test before your main work.

4. Please use only with HD products.

5. This mixture may not effect to other clear films.

6. Oil and thinner is very frammable so be careful in treating this mixture.

7. Long time wetting the surface may cause the surface change so wipe the remained mixture with tissue.

I would this direction with new post soon.

From Kim