1/32 Kuwaiti Air Force F/A-18 Decals

OK this is an attempt to encourage Hobby Decal to release the precious Decal transfers for Kuwaiti Hornets. I really love the 3 tone camo on this bug and i think some of us need 1/32 Decals for our Academy F/A-18C's and D's. ;)

photo: Sgt. W. A. Napper Jr.

What is it the other manufacturers say? "We need references." Does anyone have detailed walkarounds of Kuwaiti Hornets? Personally I'd love to see them in 1/48 as well.

Two sets are already reserved. :lol:

More References please.

From Kim

Hmmmmm, I suppose I could send all of the references I received from the McDonell Douglas Kuwaiti Program Manager to Kim.

Quite honestly, I'll never get around to doing these markings in 1/32 scale (even as much as I would love to), so off the references go.

Kim, keep an eye out for a larger package than I had planned to send!

Dave

You are the Main Researcher of HD!! :lol:

From Kim

The Kuwaiti decals were released years ago by Hi Decal Line ("Diego"-here on ARC- is the guy behind the Hi-Decal Line, so you can PM him)

...I have one set in 1/48, and they are very nice.... perhaps you could try to persuade Diego to release these decals in 1/32...the arwork does definitely exists :wave:

...Exotic Hornets could be very interesting decal sheet...

-Kuwait

-Malaysia

-Spanish "aggressor" (the former U.S. bird in desert "miG-29" camo)

-some canadian special scheme

-"digital hornet"

...hint, hint :blink:

The Kuwaiti decals were released years ago by Hi Decal Line ("Diego"-here on ARC- is the guy behind the Hi-Decal Line, so you can PM him)

...I have one set in 1/48, and they are very nice.... perhaps you could try to persuade Diego to release these decals in 1/32...the arwork does definitely exists :blink:

...Exotic Hornets could be very interesting decal sheet...

-Kuwait

-Malaysia

-Spanish "aggressor" (the former U.S. bird in desert "miG-29" camo)

-some canadian special scheme

-"digital hornet"

...hint, hint :o

The drawing of Kuwait Hornet particular markings is easy to do if I get references from Dave.

The main artwork may be to draw and layout of full data stencils and panel numbers (of course I wish Dave also help these).

The other thing is our dry decal is differ from general water sliding decal methods.

I cannot draw the digital hornet :wave:

Thank you for your hints

From Kim

I'm in for Hobbydecal 1/32 Kuwaiti F/A-16Cs. However long a line would be, it is okay.

Cannot understand why Kim promotes Hi-Decal for F/A-18C. Why?Why? Why?

Then make new selection with Spanish and Malaysian F/A-18s soon. Move on, guys!!!

:P Jay K.

• 3 months later...

I have the old Tigerwing decal sheet that covers Chippy ho l that also has the marking for Kuwaiti F-18 but the instruction are not clear on what color scheme the hornet is.

So, yes, the 1/32 Kuwaiti Hornet have pretty straight forward marking. Just a matter of getting them right color. I hope you will come out of these soon.

Mike

I have the old Tigerwing decal sheet that covers Chippy ho l that also has the marking for Kuwaiti F-18 but the instruction are not clear on what color scheme the hornet is.

So, yes, the 1/32 Kuwaiti Hornet have pretty straight forward marking. Just a matter of getting them right color. I hope you will come out of these soon.

Mike

Yeah Kim, go with 1/32 KAF Hornet transfers! GO, GO! :huh: