richard morgan gets suspended sentence

He's still out there folks - be very careful! My personal thanks to Constable Morely for all his hard work in trying to protect us from lowlife slimeballs like morgan.

GTR

Dear All,

I hope I find you all well, and can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience during this investigation. Our enquiries came to and end on Friday 14th November 2003 when Richard Owen MORGAN was found guilty at Peterborough Crown Court. MORGAN of 7 Shawley Road Sawtry

Cambridgeshire was found guilty of 32 deceptions of people from the scale modelling community. The victims were from wide ranging area's of modelling including Aircraft, Marine, Naval, Submarine and also Battle scene models(and probably many others).

Richard Owen MORGAN pleaded guilty at Court and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, however this sentence was suspended for two years. Although I am disappointed with the outcome I cannot effect what ruling a Crown Court Judge makes in any matter. What it does mean is that MORGAN is

still a free man. I hope it means he will have learnt his lesson, but should any further offences be reported and dealt with by the Police within that two years, then that eighteen month sentence is hanging over MORGAN's head.

Many of you both victim's and people from modelling magazines and websites asked to be informed of the result after the court case. I hope now that the details of the offender and his sentence can be disseminated throughout you publications, in an effort to make people aware that I have on my part taken positive action. If there are any other means of letting people know please pass this information on, to make everyone aware.

I have at my end consulted with my press office, so that this information may be put out to press. This has been confirmed.

Finally if anyone has any questions about this e-mail please do not hesitate to contact me DC Pete MORLEY on telephone number 01480 415531 or by the e-mail address below.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF BECOMING A VICTIM OF THIS TYPE OF CRIME especially from Sawtry Cambridgeshire.

All the best

Pete MORLEY

DC 1240

Huntingdon CID

Peter.Morley@cambs.pnn.police.uk

Dennis,

Do have anything constructive to say? I mean, every time people try to warn others about dealers who've failed to deliver on their deals, or of people finally bringing them to justice, you're all over them with snide comments.

Where I come from (Canada incidentally), theft is theft, and that's against the law. Many people feel that they can hide behind the anonymity or distance of the Internet. It’s because people like Pete Morley or the two from Singapore, that shysters like Richard Morgan or Victor Koh aren’t screwing people out of more money, or kits. Apparently you’re not the least bit grateful that others are looking out for your well being too. If that’s the case, I’d recommend that you don’t bother to visit the bad trader alerts, or at the very least, stop posting your ‘smart’ comments.

Whew!

I'm sure glad that this terrible chapter has come to a close. I will finally be able to get a good night's sleep knowing that Richard Morgan's evil deeds have caught up with him.

Some person once said "You should never come between a bear and her cubs." Well this person has obviously never experienced the rath of a modeller unjustifiably separated from ten or twenty dollars worth of plastic or after-market decals.

And thank goodness that people like Pete Morley are on the job... always watching, always protecting and always making sure that decent modelling folk are not being taken advantage of.

I suppose that the Mr Morgan will have a very dark future. Can you imagine having to hide this dark secret from others for the rest of your life? Or losing your job at the Quickie Mart ...

Dennis

Remember, big-time crooks usually started out with "small" or petty offenses. Probably be less of the big-timers if they were stopped in their tracks while committing the petty ones...

Regards

Ken - with a low tolerance for crooks

Dennis,

I am one of the ones taken by this ***. He got me for about $100 US worth the kits in a trade. I was also one of the ones who helped bust this clown. And yes Pete Morley is a real police officer. I know he got one person for $800 plus shipping to the UK. He was also taking commisions on models and not doing them. One guy gave him 1500 pounds for this. So he was not just stealing models but large sums of money. He has also done this before. 3 or 4 years ago so his name is as infomous as Jonsey. 32 counts of theft is no laughing matter. Yes it is not murder but not something to joke about. Now if you feel you have to be a smart *** do it in another forum. This one is meant to save you and others from this kind of scum.

Todd Pollock

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dennis why not find out the fact

you run your mouth? Morgan pleaded guilty to THIRTY TWO counts of theft for a total amount of "several thousand pounds". And because of a previous court order, those charges were limited to thefts that took place AFTER FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR! Take a wild guess about what his total number of victims is, since he's been doing this for years. Bank robbers rarely walk away with as much as he has - mostly from sites like this and ARC. His father offered up 2700 pounds to cover this worthless pos and keep him out of prison. That came out to a return on my claim of about 40 cents on the dollar, leaving me in the hole for over $400. You think getting burned for $400 is a joke? You must have a rich mommy.

GTR

Todd and GTR,

Again, my apologies for being such an irritant to those who have been duped...

what more do you want me to say?

Perhaps nothing would be a good start. :lol:

I noticed your snide remarks on the Victor Koh situation as well and much as some of us here in Singapore would like to just go over and get the loot back from him, we can't because that'll be trespassing.

Where we come in is when asked to make a witness statement, we will be more than happy to, and we will even show the police the admissions he made on having fleeced the ARC & HS community.

FWIW, some of us are still on his case, namely Mike Yeo, myself and another modeller(not Alan Sim). We will give our statements when asked to do so, and we will pull no punches even if he's 16 years old, because he has overstayed his welcome on the ARC community as well as amongst the modelling circle here.

Gareth (and any others who have been duped on-line and been offended by my previously mentioned snide comments):

Please accept my apologies for aggravating your situation. I promise not to make insulting comments about these sorts of matters in the future, or people's attempts to prosecute bad traders.

Mr McTavish correctly pointed out the error in my ways and I honestly have no intention of further rubbing salt in peoples wounds.

Again, apologies to all... (and try not to read to much into the avatar... it isn't very well suited for serious messages, incidentally).

Hey Dennis, no worries. In all honesty, your remarks make alot of sense but I guess those who got duped won't be too impressed. Can't blame them. :)

Ah well, have a beer... :thumbsup:

Oh, and keep that avatar, it rocks!

• 4 years later...

This email?

Forseti42, I'm doing a mass e-mail to warn everyone of a thief that is targeting our scale modelling hobby. Thief Richard Morgan is still very active, he is scamming boat owners and fishermen now but it has been noticed on one of hs 19 Ebay acounts that he is again listing Scale model plans. His last ebay ID was Lobsteradam, he traded on it for less than a month actively as he tends to do, out of the 50 odd trades 30 + were scammed and they were only the ones that actually let him a negative. he also got ebay to remove some 6-8 feedback for people refusing to pay, they smelt a rat with the Paypal / cash scam. (next para) He offers paypal but when you contact him he gives a story about his paypall being hacked or some such and reqests you send cash, PO, Cheque, bank draft etc. Anyway this is his latest http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrpp...Q3aMEFSXQ3aSRCH Two lots of plans listed at the bottom Reporting it to Ebay UK is a total waste of time, this is done every time he is discovered and nothing ever happens. Hope he isn't targeting our hobby again. Please be careful. Steve Bamford ARC Air Owner

The e-mail was from me. The mass e-mail contained much original text from the e-mail sent to me.

I'm in contact with scale modellers in the UK that have been watching for Richard Morgan and his scams. I'm also in occasional contact with the police in the UK about this thief. The police have gone after him and convicted him...but his crimes are so small that most people write it off as a life lesson and do not bother tracking down the correct authorities to report this character. Also due to the small amounts and the fact the victims are worldwide, it is hard for the police in the UK to commit manpower to the case.

He has scammed people around the world including people in the US and elsewhere.

The e-mail was from me. The mass e-mail contained much original text from the e-mail sent to me.

I'm in contact with scale modellers in the UK that have been watching for Richard Morgan and his scams. I'm also in occasional contact with the police in the UK about this thief. The police have gone after him and convicted him...but his crimes are so small that most people write it off as a life lesson and do not bother tracking down the correct authorities to report this character. Also due to the small amounts and the fact the victims are worldwide, it is hard for the police in the UK to commit manpower to the case.

He has scammed people around the world including people in the US and elsewhere.

Not a problem, Steve. I think it's great that someone is concerned enough to stay on top of situations such s this.

Thank you,

Randie Coulter

Fort Smith, AR

• 12 years later...

My Goodness I cannot believe that I have found this conversation. The low life did the same thing to me in 2017. He had a regular store at the Bruntingthorpe Cold war jets meetings twice a year. His models were amazing and I brought a few off him from his store. After being amazed at how good his models were I ordered three commissions. As time went on he was texting me on progress and saying that he has had to buy materials therefore can I pay for them and he would bring them to the next Bruntingthorpe meeting. To cut a long story short I ended up paying over £800 and every time he promised to get them to me there was an excuse.... a family member had dies or he was getting married and wont be at Bruntingthorpe etc etc. It is now 2021 and the low life has my money and i have no models.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:13 PM, MODEL COLLECTOR said:

My Goodness I cannot believe that I have found this conversation. The low life did the same thing to me in 2017. He had a regular store at the Bruntingthorpe Cold war jets meetings twice a year. His models were amazing and I brought a few off him from his store. After being amazed at how good his models were I ordered three commissions. As time went on he was texting me on progress and saying that he has had to buy materials therefore can I pay for them and he would bring them to the next Bruntingthorpe meeting. To cut a long story short I ended up paying over £800 and every time he promised to get them to me there was an excuse.... a family member had dies or he was getting married and wont be at Bruntingthorpe etc etc. It is now 2021 and the low life has my money and i have no models.

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear of the problem you've had. 

May I ask what the models were? I ask because I have a few built models that i am looking to 'rehome' and if they are of the same genre then I would be more than happy to send them to you rather than me skip them. Whereabouts are you?

Thanks and stay safe in these weird times.

• 1 year later...

Well, i feel ashamed i didnt do my research properly, he got me on LSP with a 1/32 B-17 package, i did use paypal goods and services so hopefully ill see my money back. The worst part is that i did search here but but with his user name and nothing came up. Didn't think about searching his full name 😵😶😶