Ken Middleton

Posting Images Using Photobucket

257 posts in this topic

Folks,

As image uploading directly to ARC has been suspended to improve security, here is an explanation on using an offsite hosting solution - in this example, Photobucket.

The text is from Doctor Pepper, and I have included a couple of my screenshots for reference.

We hope this helps.

regards

Ken

first, go to www.photobucket.com. sign up for an account, to get a photo-hosting account of 50Mb free space.

then you'll need to resize your photos to less than 250kb size. photobucket does it automatically, but sometimes it screws up.

on the main photobucket page, click the number to change to how many pics you want to upload. normally 10 is a reasonable number for batch loading, anymore and it might screw up as well.

once your pics are uploaded, come to the forum, start a new topic as you would, or a new post

in the photo bucket screen with those photos, highlight the p><p>you

http://www.kenmiddleton.net/ARC/photobucket_upload_page.jpg' alt='photobucket_upload_page.jpg'>

photobucket_upload_page2.jpg

Edited by Ken Middleton

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just followed these instructions and got pics uploaded OK.If I can do it anyone can.

Stephen

I just tried that and it didn't work - I tried both the right click - copy, and right click - cut, and neither seemed to work... :cheers:

I just tried that and it didn't work - I tried both the right click - copy, and right click - cut, and neither seemed to work... :cheers:

try this

Right click on the IMG section and hit select all, then right click again and select copy.you can then paste into the ARC post.

HTH

Stephen

try this

Right click on the IMG section and hit select all, then right click again and select copy.you can then paste into the ARC post.

HTH

Stephen

Lemme try that.

flickr.jpg

Edit: Went through the steps...NOPE!

Edited by The_Animal

Let's try this again...

falsecreek_burrard.jpg

Some of us are having "no-joy" here. :cheers:

Edited by The_Animal

Lemme try......

Dooleybird_0_006.jpg

B)

1a_done_003.jpg

Edited by Neil

Guys

I was messing with some settings, and may have messed you guys up for a bit with the IMG tagging - please try again as it seems to be OK.

Sorry....

Cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken -

Looks like that was the problem.

Do you know if the image size on Photobucket will affect the size it's displayed on ARC? Our old limit of 100Kb vs. the 250 now on PB?

Hitch

no, it won't affect the size, but the size that you resize it to will determine it's final screen size. so try to resize it to 640X480 or 800X600? if not everyone will be having difficulty just looking at pics

Animal... let me try with the same link

flickr.jpg

EDIT: it works! just pasted the line you posted directly into my post, and out it came

Edited by doctorpepper

Steve,

Thanks for all the hard work getting the ARC forum back up and running. I really enjoy browsing through the postings.

Darwin

I did it, I did it :o First try with Photobucket - too easy - got a pic up in the Progress Forum

Thanks Steve ;)

Folks,

As image uploading directly to ARC has been suspended to improve security, here is an explanation on using an offsite hosting solution - in this example, Photobucket.

The text is from Doctor Pepper, and I have included a couple of my screenshots for reference.

We hope this helps.

regards

Ken

first, go to www.photobucket.com. sign up for an account, to get a photo-hosting account of 50Mb free space.

then you'll need to resize your photos to less than 250kb size. photobucket does it automatically, but sometimes it screws up.

on the main photobucket page, click the number to change to how many pics you want to upload. normally 10 is a reasonable number for batch loading, anymore and it might screw up as well.

once your pics are uploaded, come to the forum, start a new topic as you would, or a new post

in the photo bucket screen with those photos, highlight the p><p>you

http://www.aero-cafe.com/ARC/photobucket_upload_page.jpg' alt='photobucket_upload_page.jpg'>

photobucket_upload_page2.jpg

This is a test, this is only a test, there is no need to comment on the incredibly handsome guys in the Mitchell!

DSCN0597.jpg

What do ya know, it works!

Tis a beautiful thing!

;)

J.C.

I guess I must try then :) but it will have to wait till the weekend. I may have to ask some of you guys for help as I am competely computer STUPID. Will sign up with photobucket then this weekend and if any problems arise I will be in touch with some of you guys via a PM.

Cheers :cheers:

Andy G

PS. Good work there Steve, very good. :blink:

PSS. Why is the browse button still available if we can't post any pics via that method.

Lets see if my photo hosting site works here??

127424486.jpg

Yep...works like a charm :thumbsup:

24-05-06

Just another photobucket test

pc_9_flight.jpg

Oooopppsss

Still learning

Liam

:)

Edited by yeehah1

im just experimenting with the photobucket...

th_F-22Raptora.jpg

well...that went fine...but how do i put this image as my personal avatar image???

Eric

well...awhile ago it seems i got it right...next thing you know...pffft!!!

P.S. after 30mins i got it again...im not touching it anymore!!!

Edited by speedlimit

My test:

YF-23002sm.jpg

Just a test for me

MM still got to figure this out

Edited by Rick in Ontario