What Russian jets do we still need?

Ok, here's my $0.02.

Navalized Fulcrum, Flanker and Frogfoot, all in 1/48 - a very good tooling of those, and not a conversion set.

That would be MiG-29K, Su33 (27K), and Su39(Navalized Frogfoot).

Plus a naval helo also in 1/48.

As well, the Su39 Ground Attack Fogfoot 9humpback and all), Su34 Platypus, and Su24 Fencer.

All in 1/48 scale.

Can you imagine this? a full set of a naval carrier force? and ground attack force?

And of course, a MiG29SMT to fly up there with the Su27 as top cover for the ground attack force.

I tell you, that would be nice....!

Said

And for whoever asked about previous MiG-25 kits in 1/48: Revell used to make one a LOOOONG time ago, and it was incredibly plain. To say it had no detail is really a gross understatement. I also saw one by Lindberg, which looked (from the photos on the box) absolutely horrid, just to go along with their horrid 1/48 MiG-31.

Which is being re-released next year by Revell AG. So there's a pretty good chance a NeOmega 'pit and some PART PE will follow soon after. :wave: Maybe some resin nose conversions?

And for whoever asked about previous MiG-25 kits in 1/48:  Revell used to make one a LOOOONG time ago, and it was incredibly plain.  To say it had no detail is really a gross understatement.  I also saw one by Lindberg, which looked (from the photos on the box) absolutely horrid, just to go along with their horrid 1/48 MiG-31.

Which is being re-released next year by Revell AG. So there's a pretty good chance a NeOmega 'pit and some PART PE will follow soon after. :cheers: Maybe some resin nose conversions?

Which one's being released next year? Is R-G doing Revell's old MiG-25? Or Lindberg's old MiG-31? Revell's old Foxbat could be helped by some resin and metal, but Lidberg's Foxhound can only be helped with napalm....

JB

Which one's being released next year? Is R-G doing Revell's old MiG-25? Or Lindberg's old MiG-31?

I can't imagine them releasing the Lindberg kit - it's more likely to bomb, and (more importantly) they don't have the rights to release Lindberg stuff, so they'd have to rent the tooling, probably agree on some type of profit sharing, etc. etc. Whereas releasing the old Revell kit is just a matter of digging out the toolings and putting them in the presses. Seems the liklier choice to me, though I guess anything's possible (they COULD tool a new series :cheers: )

• 2 years later...

"What Russian jets do we still need?"

Answer: All the rest that don't exist at the moment. Or do exist, but are crappy. That's a long list but I'll only start with Tu-22M2 and M3.

Flankers are of course another subject...

In space-saving 1/72 scale naturally.

Edited by janman

Hi,

I'd say :

- a new tool Su-30 or/and Su-27

- Mig-15 (come on Eduard)

- Mig-21s (MF and Bis - accurate this time)

- Mig-29

- Mig-23 and Mig-23BN

all 1/72nd scale, accurate, up to date engineering. All are available but not are sharp kits (Revell/Hasegawa/Academy/Tamiya..) I don't care : just accurate shapes ans sharp engraved panel lines.

Eric