Examples of 'turn tables' (it's that the exact term ?)

I mean a tool you can use to place on your model or parts of it,

so you can turn the table so all sides can be sprayed easily.

Do you have examples of self made 'turn tables'?

Pics, how have you made it,..... ?

:)

I mean a tool you can use to place on your model or parts of it,

so you can turn the table so all sides can be sprayed easily.

Do you have examples of self made 'turn tables'?

Pics, how have you made it,..... ?

:)

I use a rotating cake stand. Bought from Lidls five or six years ago for about €2.50. You can see it on the right-hand-side of this photo

132475039.jpg

on top of the Airfix 'England Stars' (don't ask...) box, with a silver Spitfire on it.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by pingu1

I don't have a pic to show ya but I will try and explain how to build a very simple turntable.

Get a couple of pieces of 18mm MDF and cut them to a suitable sized circle (about 300mm is plenty big enough for most models).

Then, using a router fitted with a round headed cutter, rout a single circular channel on one side of both pieces. Drill a clearance hole through the centre of both. Then on the opposite side to the routed channel, countersink a hole big enough for a nut, bolt and washer.

Place marbles (or steel ball bearings) into the routed channel and then tighten the nut and bolt until it just holds the marbles in place. Each piece should then rotate freely on the marbles.

If ya like you can fancy up the edges whilst you have the router handy and then give it a coat of paint to seal the MDF.

I keep meaning to get around and make a new one (the old one fell apart from old age, kinda like me) and the other one I built was actually part of a work station for my Sis who does flower arranging (the bottom circular piece was deleted and I used the worktop instead, just routed the circular channel and then mounted the top, moving piece, directly to it).

Hope this is legible and of help,

Regards

Willie

Tamiya makes a rotating spray stand that is very nice, if you don't want to make one yourself.

Mark

Yes, it's called Tamiya Spray Works paint stand. Picked one up at Tamiya/Con in April for about $12 (retails for almost $20). It comes with TWO rotating paint stands and attachment clips for holding parts. One of the stands has adjustable mounts to hold car bodies. I have some cheap lazy susans as well but the Tamiya paint stand is also worth the money.

Use the glass plate and supporting rollers from an old microwave oven. Works great for me. The fact that it's glass makes cleaning is with laquer thinner a breeze.

Irv

Maybe you can use the clay modelling rotary stand.

Well I used to have it. Made from steel, very durable with 20 cms diameter, but its SO HEAVY (yes, 4 kgs weight). It was quite cheap for that kind of material in Indonesia, around Rp 30.000 IIRC. Maybe about US $3.

I bought myself a "lazy-susan" specifically for that from Ikea for about $9.99, nice maple-wood.

I've got one of those too - about £5.00 iirc in the UK. The wood's so nice I've covered it in clear frisket, when that gets too covered in paint it'll be easily replaced.