Well, this is my progress on this model, a lot of time has passed since I posted some in progres pics <_< I hope you like it. I had this Hasegawa 1/48 kit like a year ago it came with some Belgium AF anniversary decals but I decided to built a Venezuelean Falcon instead.

of course cockpit first, I decided not to get nut with the tons of goodies out there so I wanted to challenge my limited skills :lol: and I tell you that I really had a great time. here some pics:

I started painting the pit with MM color but first atached the parts to a plastic card to make them "impossible to lose" :) then painted the panels not with MM black but with chinese ink wich is easily applicable to this delicated area.

Fotosmodelismo077.jpg

tableroizquierdo.jpg

tableroderecho.jpg

And now the panel:

canopaf-162.jpg

canopaf-16.jpg

and that´s all for now any coments are wellcome.

:cheers:

More inprogres:

rielderecho2.jpg

Sanisidro005.jpg

Sanisidro001.jpg

At this point I totally screw it!! :cheers: I painted the down side with white and of course isn´t white it´s a very light gray :explode: this is what I get when I paint after a hot bussy day at work.

Sanisidro013.jpg

in the mean time I painted the top side at some spots:

camara024.jpg

more in progess later.

• 1 month later...

just what David said!

In normal conditions those F-16 are exposed to sun, moisture, and many other factors that make the paint to turn lighter in some areas, in addition when you add a wash that effect can be apreciated more, finishin with a more realistic model.

Now the zone around the engine I applyed Model Master "Raw Humber" mo achieve a realistic "dirty area" wich normally has oil spots. I learned this from de F/A-18F of Masao Narina.

:blink:

Hey Jwilliamson why don´t you try the classic excuse? "headache" :lol:

Now, this F-16 was ment to be by hasegawa a Belgium demo bird with two schemes in the box, I didn´t used the decals, maybe some day I´ll use them but I´m more interested in some other proyects.

More in progress, well little to say the truth. :(

mig009.jpg

I painted de burner can but I really would like to know how to paint the F-16 engine as accurate as possible, can some one guive me a link or something?

thanx in advance.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Your Falcon looks gorgeous!!! For exhaust nozzle pics of Venezuelan F-16s go to this site:. Perhaps you should consider buying the Aires nozzle, you can still install it at that stage. It is expenive but it enhances the look of the finished model enormously.

Thanx for your coments guys, Fabe, I´ve been thinking about getting the Aires nozzle instead of use the one of the kit wich lack of detail, altough I need some info about how to paint as accurate as possible a nozzle like this If you can tell me hoy please tell me (or some oneelse please) cos I have a narrow experience with metilizers.

Thanx in advance.