This is some progress I made on the cockpit. I use the Eduards coloed phoeched set and added plastic bits to make it more dimensional.

pit1.jpg

pit2.jpg

pit4.jpg

Words can't describe it,WOW. Got to get me some of that P/E,that looks AWESOME.

Great work,thanks for posting pics

Tony

The ejection seat is almost done. I have to install the oxygen hoses and the ejection handles yet. Hope you'll like it.

seat2.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat3.jpg

Tomorow I will post the whole cockpit if I finish it.

Stenkabg

Hello! The promise is kept. Here it comes - the cockpit! The coaming will be added upon installing the pit into the fuselage.

pit13.jpg

pit11.jpg

pit10.jpg

pit12.jpg

Your comments and critiques are welcome.

Stenkabg

Guest Phoinix

Erm, comments and critiques? Right.... anyone? Is there a critique in the house... would sure like to see that movie.

It's great, what part of that word isn't clear enough for you!? :lol:

All that most of us mortals can do is to watch and learn.

• 2 months later...

After two months break on this project I have done a little work on the air duct and the intakes. Here are the pictures.

Thud12.jpg

Thud15.jpg

Thud16.jpg

Thud14.jpg

Next I will do some plumming and wiring in the engine bay.

That's all for now. Soon I will post some new updates.

Stenkabg

Stenkabq- I have a -105G that I can only hope comes out looking remotely as great as this... Very Nice and Very beautiful work sir! I love those PE sets, and I agree, with a little dimension they can look better than the resin in many cases. Plus the painted PE can be chipped to bring out the metallic color underneath and give a completely realistic appearance. I think the painted PE looks more realistic as metal than painting a resin pit for the same effect. You really have done a nice job here; if I didn't have a couple of kits started I'd be real tempted to break it out the stash. I gotta remind myself to pick up the PE now that I have seen what you have done. Can't wait to follow this one along!

Regards

Edited by afterburner
  • 5 years later...

Hello,

Could you please share with me the technique you used to correct the too pointed nose plug on your 1/32 F-105D? I am starting on the same kit here soon and I need to fix mine as well.

I was thinking about using a mini-lathe to give it the correct shape...will that work?

Thank you!!

I want to second what Mareku said. I would like to know the references for the fuselage details? I have an F-105G to build sometime down the road and want to add all the internal items and display with the fuselage open for service. Pictures and drawings of these details are very hard to find.

Hope you finished it or will take up the cause once again.

Gary

I think I speak for everyone in saying "Where did this awesome THUD go? Please start showing your progress shots again!" 6 years since his last post, hope he didnt fall off the planet!