F-35 is aparently getting a name soon.

There you Danes go again, stirring up trouble. Might as well call it the F-35 Hans Island Defender. :blink:

Cheers,

Sean

Hey, that'd work for both Canada and Denmark! :banana:

It's our bloody rock tho' :stooges:

:bandhead2:

01-06-05

F-35 Robin? ( nanna, nanna nanna nanna nanna nanna nanna nanna...Batman)

F-35 Cash Cow?

F-35 Big Mouth ( they could have Morrissey nose-art, for Smiths fans)

F-35 Big Bird ( sesame st nose art)

F-35 Blank

Liam

:woo:

Look, it's a simple question of volume ratios....The F-35 doesn't have enough internal room to carry a 1 pound coconut...

But presumably it is wired to carry quite a load of Holy hand Grenades of Antioch?

minigrenade.jpg

Edited by Graham T
How about the Pinto? :worship:

Regards,

Murph

Murph:

Only if the seat cushions have the 1/8" square black and white checkered pattern and you can get an 8-track installed.

Mark

But presumably it is wired to carry quite a load of Holy hand Grenades of Antioch?

minigrenade.jpg

And yet again. Monty Python.......we have to get out more me thinks. Not that I have not done the same myself on occasion :worship:

I really REALLY hope the call it the Black Mamba..how funny would that be. :worship:

Interestingly, I happened to be watching CSPAN (geek) when Lockeed was awarded the contract. Don Rumsfeld made the announcement, then took questions from the press corps. One of the reporters asked Rumsfeld what the numeric desgnation of the newly-selected fighter would be..ie "F-what?". Rumsfeld looked at the AF General next to him, shrugged his shoulders and said, "well its the X-35, so F-35 I guess".

And there you have it.

Just like LBJ and the SR-71.

Shoulda been the F-24.

:)

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
I really REALLY hope the call it the Black Mamba..how funny would that be. :D

Intersetingly, I happened to be watching CSPAN (geek) when Lockeed was awarded the contract. Don Rumsfeld made the announcement, then took questions from the press corps. One of the reporters asked Rumsfeld what the numeric desgnation of the newly-selected fighter would be..ie "F-what?". Rumsfeld looked at the AF General next to him, shrugged his shoulders and said, "well its the X-35, so F-35 I guess".

And there you have it.

Shoulda been the F-24.

:rolleyes:

Regards,

Pig

No, the Super Hornet shoulda been the F-24 which would make the JSF the F-25 (if the yahoos making the decisions had any clue that there was actually a system used for assigning designations and then actually FOLLOWED it...wishful thinking I know...)

I really REALLY hope the call it the Black Mamba..how funny would that be. :D

Intersetingly, I happened to be watching CSPAN (geek) when Lockeed was awarded the contract. Don Rumsfeld made the announcement, then took questions from the press corps. One of the reporters asked Rumsfeld what the numeric desgnation of the newly-selected fighter would be..ie "F-what?". Rumsfeld looked at the AF General next to him, shrugged his shoulders and said, "well its the X-35, so F-35 I guess".

And there you have it.

Shoulda been the F-24.

:rolleyes:

Regards,

Pig

LMAO! :wacko: I knew the winner of the JSF competition was supposed to have been the "F-24" but I didn't know that's how it happened.

Don Rumsfeld made the announcement

For the sake of accuracy it was not Rumsfeld who made the goof, it was Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisitions, Technology and Logistics –Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge and the General he looked to for guidance was Major General Mike Hough-USMC, it was obvious from watching them when the question was ask that their "staffers" had not done too great a job on preparing them for this event.

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr
He could grip it by the husk.

Pig

SOLDIER #1:

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

ARTHUR:

Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?

SOLDIER #1:

Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

ARTHUR:

Please!

SOLDIER #1:

Am I right?

ARTHUR:

I'm not interested!

SOLDIER #2:

It could be carried by an African swallow!

SOLDIER #1:

Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.

SOLDIER #2:

Oh, yeah, I agree with that.

Every day should have some Monty Python in it.