F-35 is aparently getting a name soon.

So is it too late to re-number the Super Hornet as the F-24 then?

For all practical purposes, yes. Cost far too much $$ to go back and redo all the documentation, contracts, etc.

For the sake of accuracy it was not Rumsfeld who made the goof, it was Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisitions, Technology and Logistics –Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge and the AF General he looked to for guidance was Major General Mike Hough

Hough is a Marine not Air Force.

Oh... wait.... that'd make the F-22 Chris then.... nevermind.

Or worse- Meg.

For the sake of accuracy it was not Rumsfeld who made the goof, it was Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisitions, Technology and Logistics –Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge and the AF General he looked to for guidance was Major General Mike Hough, it was obvious from watching them when the question was ask that their "staffers" had not done too great a job on preparing them for this event.

Regards

Jim Barr

I stand corrected. I was at my Chicago crash pad at the time drinking with Randy "Bert" Bertrand. A-1 Skyraider driver from Vietnam...so I might have missed a detail or two.

Pig

Hough is a Marine not Air Force.

My bad, I guess I could come back and say, good because surely an AF General would not have made that mistake but I know that' not true :stupid:

Regards

Jim Barr

I stand corrected. I was at my Chicago crash pad at the time drinking with Randy "Bert" Bertrand. A-1 Skyraider driver from Vietnam...so I might have missed a detail or two.

No problem, I just figured Rumsfeld has enough on his plate he has to answer for with out adding one he was not responsible for.

Regards

Jim Barr

03-06-06

Any chance one of hte decal makers on this forum will bring out that Texas Ranger Disruptive Camo scheme?

It;d be real cool...and scare the bejeepers out of the enemy!! :banana:

Liam

:stupid: