F-35 is aparently getting a name soon.

BTW- Who in the name of Marco Bless'd Polo is this MAOI guy anyway?

MOAI VINCENT IS THE SON OF MOAI JEROME AND MOAI ETHEL.

THEY ARE A CADET BRANCH OF THE BACK BAY MOAIS.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

MOAI VINCENT IS THE SON OF MOAI JEROME AND MOAI ETHEL.

THEY ARE A CADET BRANCH OF THE BACK BAY MOAIS.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

To quote the great Bill Cosby--- "RIIIIIIIIGHT!!" :banana:

Chappie

I kinda doubt that "Mustang" would run into any real trouble with Ford, since the car was named in honor of the P-51. The service is just being wishy-washy about it. The F-35 Mustang (but not "Mustang II" - that was a crummy car...) wouldn't be a bad name...or at least not "Black Mamba" or "Piasa" bad.

I kinda doubt that "Mustang" would run into any real trouble with Ford, since the car was named in honor of the P-51. The service is just being wishy-washy about it. The F-35 Mustang (but not "Mustang II" - that was a crummy car...) wouldn't be a bad name...or at least not "Black Mamba" or "Piasa" bad.

How about the Pinto? :banana:

Regards,

Murph

"F-32 Monica" :banana:

That jet was just hideous....

Yup, it sure was, but it DID have a HUGE mouth!

And with that, I leave the following comments up to somebody else!

Alvis 3.1

You know, since the F-35 looks a lot like a smaller F-22, perhaps the name of "Junior" would be applicable?

As for being worried over trademarked names, I think that's one of the lamest things I've heard. Gee, I can't see being confused over WHICH Mustang to buy...the $40,000 Ford, or the $40,000,000 LockMart one. Sheesh. :banana:

My serious suggestions: (Yes, I Do make those sometimes!) Windigo or Chupachabra. Both are evil supernatural creatures, nigh unbeatable...and DO fit with McDonnels's tradition of spirit based names.

Alvis 3.1

Pourquoi pas le F-35 Éclair?

See no II involved . It is a sthealthty name fitting the low-observable qualities of this plane.

If nobody likes this one. I can also try in German or one of the very original ones in Québécois.

I figure it's only another generation before the latest tactical/air superiority models are named individually like ships and heavy bombers. Of course, that will follow political lines, too, so a given F-22 will be the "Cincinnati Raptor," or the "Peoria Raptor." Of course, this doesn't cover all crucial voting constituences, and, after all, with 180 planes we have more gray-space to paint names on, so I figure we can use crucial postal codes. Instead of a plane being known as "036," it'll be "90113." Or maybe telephone exchanges. Then have some tail-art of some kitchy tourist attraction in that area.

The F-35 should simply be the .com. A celebration of the world's latest mega-creation, the internet. And that way it'll match the promotional website LockMart puts together: F-35.com. And it seems to be added to everthing else, sooner or later.

"One-Zero-One, Dot-Com Ball, Four Point Five"

"Roger Ball, Dot-Com. Thirty knots down the angle."

Edited by Fishwelding

SLUF III

(Short Little Ugly......... Floater)

Really. I'm in the "not if its already been used for an aircraft name" camp. Be original or go home.

Or just follow current free market ideals and let the private sector bid for the naming rights. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Geiko/ONstar F-35.

Perhaps it already has a name and its just unpronounceable by humans.

Rick L.