Finally finished and just in time! Really wasn't that difficult but worked hard on my 1/48 F-101C during most of the GB. The kit is the Hasegawa 1/48 F-8E. I used the Cutting Edge conversion to make it a F-8H (One humerous/stupid note: I changed the wing using the CE conversion, but realized 85% through I didn't need to since F-8Hs had the Bullpup spine. I also realized this right after I cut the hump off the fuselage! I then had to recreate the fuselage hump using plasticard, putty, CA glue, etc and buy another F-8 to steal the wing from that kit!). I added the Aires Engine Bay and Wheel Wells (both very nice), a True Details Cockpit (F-8E, but it works after some grinding), and Eduard color photoetch (not bad but some of the cockpit colors were off). I ended up using the kit seat with the photo etch instead of the True Details (though nicer) because of fit. I painted three sets of instrument panels (True Details, kit and photoetch), but liked the TD the best. The decals are the colorful Crusaders from Aeromaster (48-403) and Stencils from Microscale. The boundry between the grey and white purposefully has the "dips" because the photos I have of the real bird had them. I had difficulty with making the canopy open (it sits a little high). May try to rework it.

Inspiration from C&M #10

F-8VF-201.jpg

F8VF-201E.jpg

F8VF-201A.jpg

F8VF-201D.jpg

F8VF-201C.jpg

F8VF-201B.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments. Appreciate them.

Otiis: Decals should be still around. I got them recently.

Mkimages: Liked the tail art as well. They actually flew another version with the black nose that had the psychedelic colors on the upper and lower portions of the tail. Wanted to do that, but too difficult.

Do you mean this one? :crying:

VF-201A.jpg

VF-201C.jpg

Did this one for the F-4 GB in December. My goal is to do as many of the variants of VF-201. Figure I have one or two more F-4Ns to do, two F-4Ss, two F-14s (working on one for the Tomcat Sunset build), and I am going to redo the F-18.