Problems dealing with Dave Roof: Help & Suggestions?

Dave, don't forget the 98/2 rule: 98% of your problems are caused by 2% of your customers. I believe they are called the "Vocal Minority".

When I owned a hobby shop one of my 2%'ers came in and wanted to beat me down on the price of a 79 cent item. After about two minutes I handed it to him and said it was his for free. He looked at me suspiciously and asked what's the catch. I told him that the only catch was that I never wanted to see him in my store again. He took it and left and I never saw him again. Best 49 cents wholesale I ever spent.

Regards

Glen

Dave has not only been straight up and timely on the trades I've done with him, but has helped me out on some other problems and questions I've had. He's a stand up guy in my book. I'm sure any problems can be worked out.

Chuck Cook

When I owned a hobby shop one of my 2%'ers came in and wanted to beat me down on the price of a 79 cent item. After about two minutes I handed it to him and said it was his for free. He looked at me suspiciously and asked what's the catch. I told him that the only catch was that I never wanted to see him in my store again. He took it and left and I never saw him again. Best 49 cents wholesale I ever spent.

Neat story Glen. I very much enjoyed that one.

Just a note to any dissenters, if there ever comes a day when my "hex"-wife lets me keep any of my money, I'll deal with Dave in a second. :yahoo:

Randy

Dave, don't forget the 98/2 rule: 98% of your problems are caused by 2% of your customers. I believe they are called the "Vocal Minority".

Regards

Glen

Great story!

I had some wad try to bargain me down 50 cents on a decal sheet once. He kept hitting me with "I can mail order that for less blah blah blah"

Finally, after trying to deal politely with him for about 5 minutes of this, I decided I'd had enough and told him to go ahead and order it (never mind shipping charges). He could not belive I wouldn't do his little money dance. Hahaha...oh man it was beautiful! I think I heard a vein pop over the phone. Sad thing is, I would have done it if he hadn't tried to throw his weight around about it. We always liked to keep our good customers happy.

He never came back and we never missed him.

Pete out

• 3 years later...
Numerous emails do not seem to motivate him to visit the post office to conclude my trade.

Emails are rarely answered, and if they are its often an excuse which dosn't measure up.

I want to personally hear from anyone who has had similar issues with Dave Roof.

Payed the guy 57USD for a 1/72 Hasegawa Phantom with extras, that was in Januari. Same here, numerous emails are not helping to get his attention.

About to go official on this one....

Daniël

Gentlemen

A post here is probably not the best place to get a hold of Dave, as he no longer frequents these boards. The best way would probably be to send him an E-mail, which you can find on his website. I too have had some "slow" deals with Dave (having one now in fact) but Dave has always come through, and I firmly believe that he always will. He has realized there are things he can do better with his business dealings, and has worked to rectify the situation at hand. The best thing to have when dealing with Dave is patience. Again, he'll come through.

Aaron

• 1 month later...