Less than two months out.......

Anyone else getting geeked up yet? :P

I don't think that I'm going to have time to get anything finished, but I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. I swore to myself last year that I'd be bringing a model or two this year, but I've been working so much that I just haven't had time to get anything done.

Any word from our KC contingent yet (Darren/Jeremy)? I'm kinda looking forward to getting organized in advance, and getting an idea of the best party spots at the convention center. If you were in Atlanta last year, you know what a blast we had, and I'm really looking forward to repeating the experience this year. Hopefully, Bob Sanchez will let us post the locations of the ARC gatherings again, and I'm really looking forward to seeing an even bigger turnout of the ARC gang this year. If you haven't been to a Nats yet, you're in for a great time.

Anyone interested in having an ARC Breakfast either Friday or Saturday morning? We were going to try to organize this last year, but maybe if we start thinking about this now, we can set a definite day and time.

Any other ideas for ARC events? Let's hear it, fellas....the clock is now officially ticking. :D

I think that is a great idea. How about a dinner one of the nights also. I am really looking forward to this years nationals. It has been brought up about going to a Royals baseball game also.

Mike

White Sox are in town Tue, Wed -- then the Twinkies Thur - Sun.

Unfortunately the "Magic Kingdom" isn't this year. We're staying over a day & going on Sunday.

I'm thinking about bringing my Frank White pin, my Frank White statue, and my Frank White poster in hopes of performing a serious intervention ... My wife of course just wants to see (drool over) George Brett ...

On the model side, I have a list if 5 -- have had that list since last year. If I'm lucky I'll have 2 and neither will be my 1st or 2nd choice when I first started ... I hate it when life gets in the way ...

John

Edited by jRatz
I think that is a great idea. How about a dinner one of the nights also.

Dinner just might be do-able, provided we find a place where we can get a lot of people together. I'd really like to try out that revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel, but it might be better if we can find someplace at the convention site similar to Jocks and Jills in Atlanta. This was a Ground Round/Applebee's/Ruby Tuesday type of restaurant, but it was actually perfect for get-togethers. It wasn't stuffy, you didn't have to be really quiet, and it was conducive to an informal get-together.

Thanks, Darren! If you get time, could you also get a look at the convention area itself to see if there are any good meeting places in there? This way, all anybody will have to do is drag themselves to the elevator and back up to their rooms....:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I still think we need to do the paper airplane toss/shoot down with rubberband guns at the ARC beer blast...but then I've been told I've a sick sense of humor :banana:

I'm up for a dinner meet. :banana: I missed getting together with the group at Atlanta so this will make up for it. Since I'm vending at this years Nats, hopefully we can make the dinner time after the vending room closes or at least close to closing time.

Chris