Van Zant's comming??? :D But seriously I would love to beat him so I;m glad he's comming. If I can place ahead of him I know I've done something. I judged some of his stuff last year and he is good.

Jim

Van Zant's comming??? <_< But seriously I would love to beat him so I;m glad he's comming. If I can place ahead of him I know I've done something. I judged some of his stuff last year and he is good.

Jim

Actually, 4 years ago, I almost beat him. I took second place at our local show in 1/48th jets and Rich took 1st. It felt pretty good to know I was running with the big dogs, but then again, it was a "no sweep rule" year so it doesn't really count. :P

I hear ya OOmpa, I hate the no sweaps rule because you really don't know how you faired and how far you have to go to improve your game. "Good Game :monkeydance: for those of you who understand this :blink: "

Cheers

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
I understand that this year, I'm going to beef up the padding in my back pockets. :blink:

:banana: Well I'll be bringing a few entries and it'll only be the third time I've entered something in the Nats. I don't mind if I place or not. I like the fun of showing my work. Also I'll be vending at the Nats this year and there will be plenty of great deals to be had so drop by the Hobby-Connection table. :)

This will be the first and only time I vend at the Nats and I'll only be vending at our local club show in September to sell off what I don't sell at the Nats. After that, Hobby-Connection will be no more. I plan on opening my bike shop very soon.

By the way, any special request for orders?

Chris

Edited by A6ETRAM
I plan on entering a few models even though I know I have no hope what so ever of winning anything.

Anyone else out there with the same "determination" (or shall I say delusions of ganduer)? :banana:

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm hoping to bring my Cheyenne, even though I know I'm gonna get spanked, I just want o be able to say that I bI enterd a Nationals...

Lee

I have a question in regards to bases. I want to enter several halftracks on bases, this won't be considered a diorama will it? If I add trees to it, then what?

I have been told in the past that the vehicle will be the only item judged, is that correct?

Thanks

Mike

I would think that your base would be considered as simly that, a base. I think as long as there is not a strory trying to be conveyed it will not be considered a diorama. Also You might have a choice of catagorys to enter it in to. Hope this helps (Hope this is correct)

Brian Aldridge <_<

Well, I've entered 9 models via the registration web site. Whether I bring all nine remains to be seen. I'm working hard to get my F-4J done in time. That's the only one of the nine that's in work.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys. This may be may first and only Nats due to the fact is so close to home so I figure I may as well go all out.

Jeff

Recon

Your fine as long as your entries are seperate and have no figures.If they are all on one base then there might be a problem.Check the rules online at either the IPMS Website or the Contest site.Not being an armor judge I can't say with any certainty how they would get judged if they are all conected to one base.

HTH

Jim