Welcome to the new Forum

There is a project in the work to help collect kits and supplies to send to the Troops serving in the multi-national coalition in Kandahar, Afghanistan. I will provide full info in an article in the next update on June 13 2006.

Steve Bamford

ARC WEbmaster.

This is great! I was just cleaning out my stash and thinking that I should send another round their way.

I've got to go through my stash and thin out some kits. There's always a few kits that need to go for a good cause.

Steve B

Steve, at what time did you think the models have to be shipped out to Kandahar ?

i'll try to do sompething at my model meeting club next friday, if not, i've got some things for them, just need the time to pack all and send them frm Belgium

pat

Steve, at what time did you think the models have to be shipped out to Kandahar ?

i'll try to do sompething at my model meeting club next friday, if not, i've got some things for them, just need the time to pack all and send them frm Belgium

pat

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for the support. We've been working on just the permission to do this project since Jan. In as far as when the shipment is headed to Kandahar, we're loosley slated for the latter part of July. There is space on a flight being made available. This could be bumped depending on the demand for more supplies of a military nature.

One special note to all you folks donating stuff. Please take a moment to jot a note on your gifts, make the connection to the folks over there. We may look at this a thinning the herd (stash) but to the guys over there, it can mean a lot more if they know this was your way of saying "We support you."

Cheers and again, thanx.

Gary

Let me get back to you Chris. I know that at one time there was a plastic builders club in for the military in Kabul. Is that still up and running?

We have a rather involved security protocal we have to follow for our shipment. That being said, if you are in Kabul, I don't think there would be much of a problem with this. I'll see if I can help you with arrangements. Or you might try contacting the Kandahar base directly.

I am assuming you are in the military, and I believe there is a contingent in Kabul. It could be a simple matter of having the kits put on a convoy.

But don't jump too fast. The space issue there is being decided upon. I know space is being allocated, but I don't have the details.

I will get back to you. And thanks.

Gary P

Hi guys,

is there anyway I can send you the kits from Kabul to Kandahar? I've received quite a few kits whitin the past 3 years here and would like to share them with the guys in Kandy.

regards from Kabul

Chris

These guys are doing terrific job there in very hard conditions :o

Good way to say to them we're with you and support you

I just decided to thin out my stashes :cheers:

Just one question: Are the packages to be declared as gift? ( I know about the value limit of 15$ )BTW is it 15 can$ or us$?

Luc from Belgium

I suppose the reality is that these are gifts from you guys to the troops. In as far as the 15 dollar issue, the Canadian dollar is worth less, so I'd go with that option.

Don't forget to jot a note to the troops on your boxes,

and thanks

Gary

Thanks to all of you for supporting this.

These guys are doing terrific job there in very hard conditions :beer4:

Good way to say to them we're with you and support you

I just decided to thin out my stashes :D

Just one question: Are the packages to be declared as gift? ( I know about the value limit of 15$ )BTW is it 15 can$ or us$?

Luc from Belgium

Payday, day after tomorrow, will stop by the hobby store and pick up some kits for the troops.

All the best, Gary and Steve. Will fire them out the door as quickly as I can.

Gary,

Sounds like a very worthy cause for this group to get involved in. I've got a few kits, paint, decals etc... that I can send off. Do I send them out to you at:

Kits for Kandahar

138 Cobequid Road

Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia

Canada

B4C 2N3

or there was talk of sending them direct to Kandahar... I'm in Ontario so you are closer if that works.. :worship:

Thanks for organizing this... our troops are sure to appreciate the kits and the thoughts of them half way across the world doing one tough job. No matter what your political position, they are to be thanked for putting themselves on the line because they were asked to do so.

Cheers,

David

Hey GaryP,

thanks for the reply. I'm not with the military in Afghanistan, I'm here with a logistics company and am not aware of a plastic builders club in Kabul. I do know that there is/was one in Bagram, but I could not attend the meeting due to the hours entering and exiting the base and of course the 60km ride back and forth from Kabul to Bagram.

I had lots of contacts at Camp Julien in Kabul, but they are all gone now as is the camp itself. If you have contact details in Kandahar where the kits should be delivered, I could arrange one of our charter planes to take the kits along.

regards

chris

Send them to the Nova Scotia address and they will be certain to get there. Simply mailing things to Kandahar is considerably problematic, mostly due to security issues. We have a multi-tiered process of inspection we have agreed to follow for each kit. The CAF has been very clear that they don't support unapproved shipments and it took 4 months of negotations to get approval for our program.

Thanx and please don't forget to jot a note on your gifts. It'll touch some one in a much bigger way than simply plastic can.

Cheers

Gary

Gary,

Sounds like a very worthy cause for this group to get involved in. I've got a few kits, paint, decals etc... that I can send off. Do I send them out to you at:

Kits for Kandahar

138 Cobequid Road

Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia

Canada

B4C 2N3

or there was talk of sending them direct to Kandahar... I'm in Ontario so you are closer if that works.. <_<

Thanks for organizing this... our troops are sure to appreciate the kits and the thoughts of them half way across the world doing one tough job. No matter what your political position, they are to be thanked for putting themselves on the line because they were asked to do so.

Cheers,

David

Wow! Thank you so much!

I am at a total loss to express myself properly. I can't get over how wonderful and generous the ARC group is. You guys are fantastic, thank you so much.

Wow.

GaryP

8 kits, a couple books/magazines, and a compressor are on their way!