Welcome to the new Forum

I do not keep many kits in my stock, but I think I can add a kit or two, but what about tools etc. I am willng to bag up small clamps, Q-Tips, sheets of sanding papers, rubber bands and assorted disposable gloves too. I worry though about security and safe shipping of glues, paints, Xacto knives and blades. Should I be concerned about packing up a few of these things too?

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

With glues and solvents we've been given permission so long as the containers ar the small type. For instance, a bottle of Tenax, 2 0z, no problem. But a 1/2 gallon jug, no. Same for the small enamael paint. Acrylics and non flamable glues are great. There are no questions there.

The tools you listed, perfect! That kind of stuff is needed too. It would be kinda silly of us to send kits with out something as important as the tools to build them with.

Thank you so much. And please don't forget to sign your gift. This stuff after all comes from you, and I know the soldier receiving it well appreciate the personal support you're giving to him.

Gary P

I do not keep many kits in my stock, but I think I can add a kit or two, but what about tools etc. I am willng to bag up small clamps, Q-Tips, sheets of sanding papers, rubber bands and assorted disposable gloves too. I worry though about security and safe shipping of glues, paints, Xacto knives and blades. Should I be concerned about packing up a few of these things too?

Payday!!!!! Going to the hobby shop on the weekend to take care of this. Gary, will pick up a few non-Canada Post -freakout-type (I hear they get a bit sticky when it comes to sending glues and paint by mail) supplies too while I'm picking up the kits.

Thanx Animal, and yeah, CP and be nuts from time to time. You guys here are fantastic. I just can't get over it.

Cheers

Gary

Payday!!!!! Going to the hobby shop on the weekend to take care of this. Gary, will pick up a few non-Canada Post -freakout-type (I hear they get a bit sticky when it comes to sending glues and paint by mail) supplies too while I'm picking up the kits.

Well I just sent some stuf off. I chose to send one kit complete with cement, Xacto knife, sand paper, paint bottles and some art brushes. I also sent another bundle of generic things to hand out as needed over there, including some sand paper, rubber bands, small clamps, disposable gloves, Q-tips, toothpicks, single side razors and CA glue tubes. I threw in a few magazines as well for passing the time for the troops.

It's not alot but atleast it's something and hopfully useable and enjoyed by any personnel in Afghanistan.

:banana:

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo
There is a project in the work to help collect kits and supplies to send to the Troops serving in the multi-national coalition in Kandahar, Afghanistan. I will provide full info in an article in the next update on June 13 2006.

Steve Bamford

ARC WEbmaster.

Hi Steve can we help from this side of the pond

Hi Steve can we help from this side of the pond

Hi Wellzy

Yes, any one can help out. The time frame for shipping is approx 6 -7 weeks from now. The address is on the link.

Shipping for this particular project to Afghanistan is being handled by the Canadian Armed Forces and as such, we have to go through a multi-level security protocal. Shipping directly to Kandahar under the Kits For Kandahar name might not get your donations in. Do make mention that this is a gift on your shipping documents and has a value less than $15 Canadian or the duty will kill. You might check at your end to see what if anything might happen there.

Biggest note of all. Please jot a note and your name on each box being donated. This is a personal reaching out of support and caring to the troops. Your words of support mean everything to them. I can give you story after story about this from guys in country who I've been speaking to, and it really means a lot.

Cheers

Gary Porter

Coordinator, Kits For Kandahar

kits4kandahar@yahoo.ca

Hey GaryP,

I have 3 kits and some Q-tips that I want to send. I'll be mailing them out the end of next week (after I get paid) or the first part of July. I live in Moncton so it won't take that long to get there. The kits aren't much but it will keep them busy.

Wayne Beattie

Hey GaryP,

I have 3 kits and some Q-tips that I want to send. I'll be mailing them out the end of next week (after I get paid) or the first part of July. I live in Moncton so it won't take that long to get there. The kits aren't much but it will keep them busy.

Wayne Beattie

Dude, the kits are everything man, because of the reason you're sending them. Thanks, and please put your name and a message to the troops on the kits.

Take care

Gary

I am going to box some kits and mail them Monday.

edit:

Here's what in the box:

1/48 Italeri F-14A

1/48 revell Bf-109G-10

1/32 Tamiya M1A2 Abrams "Iraqi Freedom" boxing

1/24 2005 Jimmy Johnson #48 Lowes race car

10 color Testors water wash-up paint set.

As I said, these will post on 6/26. I hope this is a varied enough assortment to make a few people happy.

William aka Spaced Marine

Edited by Spaced Marine

This may be a strange question, but after reading Will's post, is it allright to send enamal paints? I have been in contact with Steve B, and I have quite a bit of unopened model master paint to offer up, both acrylic and enamal's, but if the enamals will be rendered unusable because of lack of thinners, then I'll hold off and just send Acrylics. If enamals are ok, then I will send both.

Let me know, and I'll work on getting a couple of packages put together.

This will be far more paint then one or two guys can use, I am assuming that it can be split upon receipt?

Steve

Gary P.

I just sent out a box of nine kits to you for the troops in Kandahar.They should be at your place

within two weeks from Toronto.This is really nice thing that you are doing and I hope that a lot of

ARC'ers help out and spread the word around.This has a bit more of a meaning for my wife and myself

since our youngest son Russell will be deploying to Afganastan in the first week of Aug.06 with the

1st RCR from Petawawa for his first tour.

So thanks again for the chance to send some kits over there and I really hope that you pass the 500

kits you where looking for and end up with a thousnd.

Jim Knight

I'm sending out three kits with paint, knives, blades, glue, and sanding sticks for each. Plus some add-on cockpits and other goodies that I had for them (you never know when or where AMS will strike) . I also threw some extra glue and paints into the box for good measure. They'll be in the mail tomorrow morning.

How much longer do we have to send kits before they ship out? I'm mailing them from Oregon, USA and I'm sure I can cull a few more good kits out of my hoard if there's still time.

Hi Jim, got it and thanks a bazillion. I hope you don't mind but I copied your card and put it in each of the kits you sent. I wanted each of the kits to have the message from a proud Dad.

Cheers and again

Thanx

Gary P

Gary P.

I just sent out a box of nine kits to you for the troops in Kandahar.They should be at your place

within two weeks from Toronto.This is really nice thing that you are doing and I hope that a lot of

ARC'ers help out and spread the word around.This has a bit more of a meaning for my wife and myself

since our youngest son Russell will be deploying to Afganastan in the first week of Aug.06 with the

1st RCR from Petawawa for his first tour.

So thanks again for the chance to send some kits over there and I really hope that you pass the 500

kits you where looking for and end up with a thousnd.

Jim Knight

We've determined that at the present rate, we should have our goal reached in 4 weeks so we'll make the official announcement to all thanks and start posting photos of the donations, the crew doing the inspections and the final packaged boxes. Hopefully we can get a shot of them going on an airplane. How cool would that be!

Anyhow, to really answer your question, pleanty of time Sabre, and thanks so much!

Gary P

I'm sending out three kits with paint, knives, blades, glue, and sanding sticks for each. Plus some add-on cockpits and other goodies that I had for them (you never know when or where AMS will strike) . I also threw some extra glue and paints into the box for good measure. They'll be in the mail tomorrow morning.

How much longer do we have to send kits before they ship out? I'm mailing them from Oregon, USA and I'm sure I can cull a few more good kits out of my hoard if there's still time.

The small bottles of enamel are ok. We got permission. But they do have to be unopened for some reason. In so far as shared, the plan is to have a common area for the guys to all sit together and shoot the breeze and share the tools etc. There is no way in the world we can get enough tools and supplies to give each guy his own stuff.

Thinners are a ready product available in country. We can't ship in big bottles, but the tiny bottles are ok. The troops will be able to buy thinner there or get it from maintenance. Just don''t tell the Master Corporal whose in charge of the stuff! <_<

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks so much

Gary P

This may be a strange question, but after reading Will's post, is it allright to send enamal paints? I have been in contact with Steve B, and I have quite a bit of unopened model master paint to offer up, both acrylic and enamal's, but if the enamals will be rendered unusable because of lack of thinners, then I'll hold off and just send Acrylics. If enamals are ok, then I will send both.

Let me know, and I'll work on getting a couple of packages put together.

This will be far more paint then one or two guys can use, I am assuming that it can be split upon receipt?

Steve

Wow, thanx man, that's great!

I look forward to your stuff arriving

Thanx again

Gary P

I am going to box some kits and mail them Monday.

edit:

Here's what in the box:

1/48 Italeri F-14A

1/48 revell Bf-109G-10

1/32 Tamiya M1A2 Abrams "Iraqi Freedom" boxing

1/24 2005 Jimmy Johnson #48 Lowes race car

10 color Testors water wash-up paint set.

As I said, these will post on 6/26. I hope this is a varied enough assortment to make a few people happy.

William aka Spaced Marine

Got it mate!

Question, do you wanna keep the two kits in one or would you prefer to have the second bagged and I'll copy the note and put it in the bag with the second.

Loved the notes mate,

Cheers and thanx

Gary P

Gary,

just sent you a box of 4 kits from the good old UK, put a few other bits in there as well, some one will get a bonus as put 2 kits in one box!

Glad to help

Julien

Got it! Wow, the tools and simple little thing like the toothpicks were brilliant! Never thought about them before you did that, and I use them all the time.

That's the great thing about something like this, so many brains come up with great ideas.

Cheers and Thanx

Gary P

Well I just sent some stuf off. I chose to send one kit complete with cement, Xacto knife, sand paper, paint bottles and some art brushes. I also sent another bundle of generic things to hand out as needed over there, including some sand paper, rubber bands, small clamps, disposable gloves, Q-tips, toothpicks, single side razors and CA glue tubes. I threw in a few magazines as well for passing the time for the troops.

It's not alot but atleast it's something and hopfully useable and enjoyed by any personnel in Afghanistan.

<_<

Nate! Wow man, the compressor is fantastic! I dug out an old Badger external mix airbrush and made sure it works and sure enough, the guys have an airbrush. It's not a great airbrush but someone who knows how to use one will be able. And the kits were awesome! Thanx

Cheers man and thanks so much.

Gary P

8 kits, a couple books/magazines, and a compressor are on their way!
Got it mate!

Question, do you wanna keep the two kits in one or would you prefer to have the second bagged and I'll copy the note and put it in the bag with the second.

Loved the notes mate,

Cheers and thanx

Gary P

Gary,

I will leave it up to you if you want to seperate the kit, I suppose depends on how many you get.

As for the notes not a problem, my borther is UK Army and after 2 tours in Iraq (and maybe going to "The Stan" now!)I know how bad things can get and it always good to know you work is appriciated.

Julien

Do you know if there are any ship builders, Trekkies or vinyl figure builders ? I have a few of these that i can send as well as the usual planes and cars.

Don Hamade

Also have an old but working Badger 200 airbrush with the tips and needles. Would this be OK?