Welcome to the new Forum

Hi Don,

I don't know specifics of who would like what over there, but we've been collecting every kind of kits and form of supplies, so yeah, your science fiction stuff would be great, the vinyl figure and we've even been collecting cross stitch kits and paint by numbers for the ladies. There are a bunch of them there too! The Badger 200 would be a dream! I had tossed in an old external mix Badger and had little confidence in it.

Thanks Don for your gifts. Please be sure to put your name and any comments to the troops you'd like to say. This stuff you are sending is a gift from you and we want it to be a very personal way of saying to these troops, someone cares enough to say thank you and way to go. It's about supporting them one on one.

Thanx so much Don

and take care

Gary P

Do you know if there are any ship builders, Trekkies or vinyl figure builders ? I have a few of these that i can send as well as the usual planes and cars.

Don Hamade

Also have an old but working Badger 200 airbrush with the tips and needles. Would this be OK?

This afternoon I posted a box full of kits, hopefully these will arrive by next Saturday. If there's any hassle or extra taxes/postage to pay let me know.

Had a weird moment when I sealed the box up. It'd previously held 24 bottles of Steinlager from Auckland, New Zealand. Steinlager are based in Khyber Pass Road... Must be a subliminal thing that got me when I was looking for a box to use!

You should get:

1/48 Leopard 2A5 tank (remote control version, sorry no batteries)

1/24 Mercedes Benz A160 (2x)

1/144 F-18 Hornet, Jaguar, Mig-25 Foxbat

Small cutting pad and knife.

Nick :worship:

GaryP,

i found a way to send the kits from Kabul to Kandahar. One of my customers, which is a sub-contractor to the Military has it's own aircraft flying from KIA to KAF 3-4 times a week.

I can give you the details (date / call sign) when I'm sending off the kits with the pilots / staff or have them delivered to the person in charge in Kandahar.

Please let me know how to proceed

greetz from Kabul

Chris

Hi Gary,

sent some decals(7 or 9) and 5-6 kits some weeks ago

If my memory is good there was

Eduard DH2 1/72 ( plane )

Messerschmitt KR2 1/24 ( car )

Tamiya Ford Mutt 1/35

And ... don't remember the other ones :whistle:

Hope you get them

Luc from Belgium Brussel

And didn't forgot to put a small word inside the model boxes for the Guys over there ;) oupssss but not on the decals

Edited by mirage2000

I'm finally making a dent in unpacking the models after moving so I'll have a go at putting together a care package. I will be putting in a selection of cars, planes, tanks and ships. plus some testers enamels I never got around to using. In addition, some sanding sticks, skewers, some files, and some wet n dry sandpaper.

Is there any objection to sending a couple used green cutting mats? They are still servicable, but paint and glue spattered, and the lines n numbers have worn off. Also has anyone sent scalpel handles? I can lay my hands on some spare blades for these.

I'll try to get this all packed up by thursday, into the mail to you by friday. I will also be going round to the local shop and see what I can pry loose there.

Sabre

Hi Luc,

your package arrived on Monday, and Wow.

I took the liberty of copying a few of your notes for our journal. We are sending copies of this journal with the words of encouragement and support with the kits so that someone who may be interested may want to see the outpouting of support from all over the world.

Thank you so much Luc,

your gift will touch a soldier in such a positive way.

Gary

Hi Gary,

sent some decals(7 or 9) and 5-6 kits some weeks ago

If my memory is good there was

Eduard DH2 1/72 ( plane )

Messerschmitt KR2 1/24 ( car )

Tamiya Ford Mutt 1/35

And ... don't remember the other ones :woot.gif:

Hope you get them

Luc from Belgium Brussel

And didn't forgot to put a small word inside the model boxes for the Guys over there :cheers: oupssss but not on the decals

Sabre,

what you are doing sounds sweet! I can't thank you enough man. Objections to cutting mats just cause they have a little mileage on them? I don't think there is any problem with that at all! What a fantastic idea in the first place.

You see, this is what I mean by having so many brains thinking about stuff like this. And scalpel handels and blades are awesome. I know I go through knife blades like a nut case so stuff like that is awsome too!

Thanks, and please be sure to put your name and home town on the donations, and if you feel inclined, jot a few words for the troops. I can make copies and I'll include them in each kit you offer.

Cheers and thanks so much

Gary P

I'm finally making a dent in unpacking the models after moving so I'll have a go at putting together a care package. I will be putting in a selection of cars, planes, tanks and ships. plus some testers enamels I never got around to using. In addition, some sanding sticks, skewers, some files, and some wet n dry sandpaper.

Is there any objection to sending a couple used green cutting mats? They are still servicable, but paint and glue spattered, and the lines n numbers have worn off. Also has anyone sent scalpel handles? I can lay my hands on some spare blades for these.

I'll try to get this all packed up by thursday, into the mail to you by friday. I will also be going round to the local shop and see what I can pry loose there.

Sabre

Sorry ran into a bit of a delay in getting stuff together. Will have another go at it in the next few days. I did manage to pick up some sanding sticks, and locate some of the small items. It's coming together slowly. I'll put the mats in as well then.

Sabre

Waaahhhhooooo

that tank thing is so neat. What a neat concept!

Kits are awesome sir.

Big question. Do you have any words you'd loke added or shall I just put yer name and home town on the boxes and tank. Your choice.

Cheers

and thanks... or should I say tanks!

Gary

As promised Gary, big box heading your way as of today. Five kits, Badger airbrush set, and an air tank to run it.

:)

Gary, the regulator/pressure gauge assembly went out in today's mail. It's on a quick release fitting, so it will be literally snap right on to the airtank without tools.

So ya don't need me? I mean my buddies keep saying I'm the biggest tool they have ever seen! :)

Cheers man and thanks. Gotta tell ya, that big red tank looks some kinda impressive. Makes the smallish supplies pile look huge!

Thanks again

Gary

Gary, the regulator/pressure gauge assembly went out in today's mail. It's on a quick release fitting, so it will be literally snap right on to the airtank without tools.

Getting there, have about 15 kits, mostly 1/144, a couple 72nd scale, a couple 48th scale aircraft kits, two car kits together, just in the process of putting the decals into baggies, and checking them over for completeness as some are preowned. I will be looking at some more kits, hopefully a couple ship kits and maybe some armor. Any opinions on 144th Airliner kits?

Also picked up 5 packs of fingernail sticks, 2 large bags of 12 inch bamboo skewers, and some other odds n ends. I'm digging into the pile to find my stash of wet/dry paper, and have dug up the testors paints. All are old, but still in excellent shape having never been opened. I'm also digging out some more humbrol oils. I have a bottle each of Humbrol decal solutions. I'll be sitting down to write a note for the boxes in the next couple days.

Whens the deadline for getting this stuff to you?

Sabre

Looks like we got a little bump. First week of Aug is the deadline. We got put on anothe flight three days after our original. Things are really fluid re: shipping. We also asked about late shipments and were told no problemo, so long as it isn't huge.

Thanks Sabre F-86. The guys will love the stuff especially the notes.

Cheers

Gary P

Getting there, have about 15 kits, mostly 1/144, a couple 72nd scale, a couple 48th scale aircraft kits, two car kits together, just in the process of putting the decals into baggies, and checking them over for completeness as some are preowned. I will be looking at some more kits, hopefully a couple ship kits and maybe some armor. Any opinions on 144th Airliner kits?

Also picked up 5 packs of fingernail sticks, 2 large bags of 12 inch bamboo skewers, and some other odds n ends. I'm digging into the pile to find my stash of wet/dry paper, and have dug up the testors paints. All are old, but still in excellent shape having never been opened. I'm also digging out some more humbrol oils. I have a bottle each of Humbrol decal solutions. I'll be sitting down to write a note for the boxes in the next couple days.

Whens the deadline for getting this stuff to you?

Sabre

27x14x15 inch box inbound by xpresspost. Should be in your hands by friday unless Canada Post is more retarded than usual. The voids are filled with a green garbage bag full of foam chips so it should arrive in OK shape and you wont have popcorn chips all over when you open it. Just be careful where you use the knife.

I shipped out seven 48th scale aircraft, one 50th scale, one 53rd scale, two 72nd scale, and six 144th scale plus one car kit (pickup truck actually). I have also included about 20-25 sheets of various grade wet n dry paper, some plasticine for jigging parts while they dry, two large bags of bamboo skewers, a couple of 6 inch files, 5 packages of nail file sanding sticks. About 20-25 bottles of paint, some decals set and gloss coat, a small bit of multiwire for use in detailing, some rubber bands, a small box of #11 blades and thats all I can remember. It was late in the day when I finally got a box big enough and got it all packed. Oh yeh, a couple of small paint brushes. I did'nt include any glues or solvents, only the paints. I see from the posts that that wont be much of a problem if any. I'm hoping someone is shipping some decal clear coat, cause some of the decals are getting old and one is an Esci set and we all know how they explode on contact with water.

I also added 18 copies of the note, last minute, so could you please fold them up and stuff them into the kits?

Sabre

PS forgot to say I added a spool of 2lb monofiliment for antenna and rigging of biplanes if any are being handed out. I shipped one Bipe but it has thread in it already.

Edited by Sabre F-86